Pacific Northwest review now posted

Thank you for the kind words. Mike and I took about 2,100 pictures between us, and it was only a short cruise! But, Mike has a new camera; and I couldn't take enough pictures of Buchart Gardens. Anyway, as soon as we get home from a cruise, Mike starts writing the review and I sort through and pick out the pictures. That takes several days. Then I add my two cents to the review and insert the pictures. It is definitely a collaboration. Since you seem to have enjoyed that review so much, you might want to look at the one on French Polynesia. It has pics of me swimming with the sharks in Morea and underwater in a helmet like a deep sea diver in Bora Bora.:D

Hi Mike and Carol,

Thanks for the great review - it will be very helpful when planning our PacNW cruise set for 10/12. I was wondering whether you heard from anyone who tried a whale watching excursion, and if so, did they see any whales?

Thanks!

• 11 months later...

Excellent write up on your pacwest cruise. My wife and I will be doing a pacwest cruise originating in Vancouver and stopping at some of the same ports. We would like to break away from the normal excursions and do our own thing. We have most things planned out for most ports except nanaimo and astoria. Is there much to see/do on foot in those places without having to find a cab or rent a car??

Thanks

jjj1

jjj1,

Sorry for the delay in responding, we just got off the Freedom of the Seas cruise today. In Nanaimo you can walk around the port area and since it is right in town you can walk around there, but there aren't many private excursions to take. A lot of folks just walked around Astoria, but I would take the ship excursion to keep the walking to a reasonable amount. The lovely Victorian houses are up the hill and would be difficult to walk to.

Grouchy,

Thanks for the compliment. Writing for a travel magazine would take the fun out of it, since we would not be able to have the freedom to write what we want when we want.

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures. I feel like I was apart of the cruise and it is so nice to see all the cruise critic members meeting and making lasting friendships. We will be leaving next week on the pacific coastal cruise and stopping at many of the same ports as you did. We look forward to the beautiful scenery and hope for dry weather. We'll be prepared if it doesn't happen to work out but being cool and wet is not my idea of a great vacation but to see the lush flowers and greenery i what I love.

Archived