Question about disembarking

t&c_traveling

For the people who have done the Homelands Stockholm to Bergen cruise, how was disembarking? Did it take long time? What time were you allowed to leave ship. We are going to fly to Munich so I need to know when to schedule the flight.

For the people who have done the Homelands Stockholm to Bergen cruise, how was disembarking? Did it take long time? What time were you allowed to leave ship. We are going to fly to Munich so I need to know when to schedule the flight.

Hi

Dont realy understand question as we arrived in Bergen 1 day before the end of the tour so we could have walked off at any time. Some people left at about 3 AM if they had early flights. We stayed on till 5 PM, ( flight at 8 PM) walked off ship into terminal, picked up bags and walked out. Maybe 5 minutes, max of 10 mimutes.

Yours

Ingra Tor

On disembarkation day, whether Bergen, Barcelona or Venice, there were some early flights that required some folks to leave at 4:00 am. I think you can disembark whenever you need to. We disembarked a night early in Stockholm because of the Swedish National Marathon that was going to be run on disembarkation day (turned out to be a non-problem). We had no problem leaving about 11:00 pm the night before. You just have to let them know on your disembarkation form that you'll get several days before.

You are supposed to put your big bags outside your room the night before with color coded tags attached to them - I think it was by 9:00 or 10:00 pm. Then they take your big bags out to the terminal in a secure area and you pick them up in the morning. Not sure exactly when this happens. This way you don't have to deal with schlepping the big ones off yourself. You keep your carry-ons with you and take those off yourselves in the morning.

Because we left the night before, we were asked to stop by the front desk and have one of the cabin stewards take our big bags down, but that's because this was the night before, not the next morning. I think it worked well for those who left early in the morning without having to deal with getting the big bags off the ship themselves.

You are supposed to put your big bags outside your room the night before with color coded tags attached to them - I think it was by 9:00 or 10:00 pm. Then they take your big bags out to the terminal in a secure area and you pick them up in the morning. Not sure exactly when this happens. This way you don't have to deal with schlepping the big ones off yourself. You keep your carry-ons with you and take those off yourselves in the morning.

Because we left the night before, we were asked to stop by the front desk and have one of the cabin stewards take our big bags down, but that's because this was the night before, not the next morning. I think it worked well for those who left early in the morning without having to deal with getting the big bags off the ship themselves.

Thanks for the information and reassurances, id4elizabeth. I've asked several different Viking people how would they handle disembarking the ship very early in the morning to catch an Air France flight from Barcelona to Paris (fight booked by Viking Air Plus). The check-in deadline is 5:50 am at the airport and needing time to leave the ship, get to the terminal via a transfer provided by Viking would mean leaving the Viking Star by 4:00 or 4:30am so we wouldn't cut it too fine. I got assurances it would happen but no details to ease my concerns.

Senior Gator - you DEFINITELY won't have a problem as you booked your air through Viking. They'll make sure you get there in plenty of time! The color coded tags you put on your bags have to do with which Viking transfer bus you're on, based on the time you'll be leaving. So your bags will be with the early morning bus group and make it very easy for you to claim them.

Senior Gator - you DEFINITELY won't have a problem as you booked your air through Viking. They'll make sure you get there in plenty of time! The color coded tags you put on your bags have to do with which Viking transfer bus you're on, based on the time you'll be leaving. So your bags will be with the early morning bus group and make it very easy for you to claim them.

id4elizabeth, once again you have come through with helpful information from your experiences. I do appreciate your efforts and quick response.

I am requesting clarification. When we disembark in Barcelona we leave our large bags outside our cabin the night before and retain our carry-on bags. As long as we depart our cabin on time, may we stay aboard until noon (or later) or are we required to leave the ship very early? I booked my own flight and will be staying a few extra nights in Barcelona. It would be nice not to be rushed off the ship.

I seem to recall seeing the answer to my question somewhere in these threads, but can't find it--- what is the location in Stockholm for embarking/disembarking? Thanks-- would like to scout out nicer hotels as close as possible as we hope to spend a couple of days there prior to starting our cruise in Stockholm.

It's right downtown, about a quarter mile from Gamla Stan. If you go on Google maps and look for the Viking Ferry dock, the Star docks right next to the Viking Ferry dock, but nearer to town. If you can't find that, look for the Hilton Slussen. The dock is about a quarter mile east of the Hilton.

We stayed at the Hilton and was a bit disappointed. The rooms were dark and small. The Executive Lounge was way below Hilton standards. I'm a Diamond Hilton member, so I stay in a ton of Hilton and this one was way below par. However, the location was fantastic - only a 5 minute walk to Gamla Stan and most of the local ferry docks.

I seem to recall seeing the answer to my question somewhere in these threads, but can't find it--- what is the location in Stockholm for embarking/disembarking? Thanks-- would like to scout out nicer hotels as close as possible as we hope to spend a couple of days there prior to starting our cruise in Stockholm.

Hi

Location was Stadsgardshamnen 24 o our trip.

Yours Ingra Tor.