One way car rental from Quebec City to Montreal?

pokerpro5

I'm looking for a reasonably priced 3-day rental for this one-way route for September.

I want a full size car, and NOT a beater with 100k miles, or tiny compact.

Cheapest I found after tax was $263 CAD, which is high.

I would be picking up from a non-airport location (near cruise terminal) in Quebec City, and returning to Montreal airport.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am American BTW.

If you have any "codes" you could share to make this cheaper, please also post them. Thanks.

One ways and airport drop offs tend to be expensive, worse when combined. I've found it cheaper to return it to a location near the airport, then taxi over.

Although it doesn't happen often, I've sometimes had luck asking if they have a vehicle that needs to be returned to an airport. Then they won't charge you the one way or airport drop off fee. You might be in luck with someone who flies into Montreal and rents a car to begin their cruise in Quebec.

• 2 weeks later...
I am doing a one-way Quebec to NYC from Budget and got a pretty good price (especially of US drop). The location code for the office near the pier is QC0 at the Hilton, 1100 Blvd Rene Levesque Est.

Can you tell me if you were able to make the car rental with Quebec pick up and drop of in the states via phone? I have tried online with no success, all agencies say not an approved drop off location. Trying to return to Logan in Boston so maybe that is the issue. Not going to 2016 so have some planning time. Thanks

At the conclusion of our cruise in Quebec, we had a one-way rental to the Montreal airport with Hertz. We made the advance reservation online (and got a discount with our AAA membership). When we disembarked the ship, we phoned Hertz and a car was brought to us at the terminal. We went back to their office to complete the paperwork and were very soon on our way to Montreal.

At the conclusion of our cruise in Quebec, we had a one-way rental to the Montreal airport with Hertz. We made the advance reservation online (and got a discount with our AAA membership). When we disembarked the ship, we phoned Hertz and a car was brought to us at the terminal. We went back to their office to complete the paperwork and were very soon on our way to Montreal.

Thanks for this.

I just looked up Hertz at the airport (I had only chosen the one by the cruise terminal before, and it was EXPENSIVE), and that is the best price I've found.

I do need to call them and make sure they can really pick me up at the terminal, though.

At the moment I am booked with Enterprise, but they are like $32 CAD more expensive than what I just got quoted online with Hertz, so I will go with Hertz if they will meet me at the terminal.

Can you tell me if you were able to make the car rental with Quebec pick up and drop of in the states via phone? I have tried online with no success, all agencies say not an approved drop off location. Trying to return to Logan in Boston so maybe that is the issue. Not going to 2016 so have some planning time. Thanks

Sorry, I just now saw your post.

I was able to do it online, but I also contacted them by phone to ask about a different drop point. They told me that it does not matter where the car is dropped as long as the drop point will accept it.

Edited by pizzalady1

Sorry, I just now saw your post.

I was able to do it online, but I also contacted them by phone to ask about a different drop point. They told me that it does not matter where the car is dropped as long as the drop point will accept it.

Thank you