Anyone Home From The Conquest Yet???

TexJan's Hubby

....time to wake up the day after returning home. No one to knock on your door and say "ROOM SERVICE". Consider your time now till your next cruise as a temporary exile. You can't sit at your dining room table today and expect someone to rearrange your silverware, bring you course after course of food, and don't even think about another entree'. Dessert? Yeah right! Like you will have a choice. Stick to the drive up at Sonic and don't expect they will remember what you drink. More bad news.... you have to return to work. Oh well, post your experiences on the cruise and have faith that another week in paradise is in your near future.

MIKE

Back from the 9-11 cruise of the Conquest. I'll write a more in depth review of our trip, but we had a wonderful time. Embarkation and debarkation were CRAZY!!! Galveston was just not ready for 3,000 pax. The ship looked very nice, no major changes that I knew of. Everyone had the new bedding system and I want one of those down comforters.

In short, food was great, service was ok, Jamaica was nice, we want to go back to Cayman for a land vacation, and we loved Cozumel of course.

It'll be a few days before I can get my full review up but I'll try to answer any questions.

Waiting on my drink by the pool............. :)

Back from Conquest 9/11.

I will say that day 1 and day 7 were CRAZY:eek:! Once we got past those the rest of the time was wounderful. GAlveston is not ready for such a large ship. Hopefully once they get a routine and know what to do with the extra 1200 people it will go smoothly.

I have sailed Conquest out of NO and it was smooth to board and get off. They did some sprucing up, but all in all the ship looked unchanged. Did have the new bedding. I will try to post a review later today or tomorrow.

For now, all I can say is that you be PATIENT when you board and get off the ship. Took us over an hour to clear customs....let to many of the black tags off and, whew, it was a mad house. Like I said, will post more later.

Sleep?? What's that? :D No sleep this morning, it's catch up time at work, school, and laundry. We didn't get in until 8pm last night, but had to get up at 5:45am for work.

I'll give more details later. I know everyone is excited about going in the future, I was.

Aims

After watching "Drydock - a Cruise Ship Reborn" last night on the Travel Channel, and having traveled 3 times previously on the Conquest, I too am anxious to see if anything significant has been done on the ship. I know there are some worn out cushions and seats in the theater that needed replacing. I'm hoping for new carpet, and maybe some new furniture. I also would love to know if they've brought in new shows? I've seen the other ones, and would like to see something different in December. Looking forward to the reviews!

Sleep?? What's that? :D No sleep this morning, it's catch up time at work, school, and laundry. We didn't get in until 8pm last night, but had to get up at 5:45am for work.

I'll give more details later. I know everyone is excited about going in the future, I was.

Aims

Just wondering if Todd Witmer is back as the CD??

After watching "Drydock - a Cruise Ship Reborn" last night on the Travel Channel, and having traveled 3 times previously on the Conquest, I too am anxious to see if anything significant has been done on the ship. I know there are some worn out cushions and seats in the theater that needed replacing. I'm hoping for new carpet, and maybe some new furniture. I also would love to know if they've brought in new shows? I've seen the other ones, and would like to see something different in December. Looking forward to the reviews!

I wish they would stop showing that show!! Makes people think that is what happens in every dry dock!!!! Generally, these are routine dry docks and you don't notice too much... from what I understand, the new bedding was on the Conquest prior to this sailing... they probably just did routine maintenance and repairs, routine cleaning etc, but I doubt there will be significant changes... but who knows. The shows though, that might be... not sure when they changed them last, I think someone said they change them like every 5 years?? So it will be interesting to hear from those that have cruised on her before and after... either way, I have a LOOOOONG time to wait :(

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a wonderful cruise on the Conquest...

Getting onboard was quite a lengthy experience. It took me 2 hours to board, but many said it took them 4 hours! Getting off the ship was equally lengthy. In fact, we didn't get out of the terminal until 2 pm!!!!! I have never experienced that kind of delay before and am not sure why it was so long. However, I am generally a positive person and try to make the best of any situation. With that said, I definitely know they need to "fix" the problem, b/c many unhappy people were complaining! As for the rest of the week, the food was absolutely wonderful. The dining room service was superb. Even the buffet was much better than most ships I have sailed on. A Chinese area is offered as well as a fish and chips area and the usual burgers, hot dogs, minute steak sandwiches, and pizza. Oh, and there is sushi, too. The entertainment consisted of several comedians, a ventriloquist, a juggler, a magician, a hypnotist, and wonderful singers and dancers! Don't miss the Carnival singer and dancer shows--they are GREAT! I also have to say that tethering into the Caymans was very easy. I was surprised given the huge delays on embarkation day! The ship is BEAUTIFUL. We stayed in a balcony on the EMpress deck and were very pleased. The crew was friendly for the most part. While we had no real conversations with our room stewards, our room was always immaculate. I did find room servcie was the worst of any ship I have sailed on. I often waited 45 minutes to an hour before my order arrived and was greeted when I called to make an order by someone on the other end whose attitude seemed to indicate I was bothering her. However, my crusie wasn't ruined by that. In fact, I would gladly sail the Conquest again. As a matter of fact, I hope to within the next year! This is a quick review...I admit I haven't planned it out very well, but I did want to provide you with a little info. I will gladly answer any specific questions you might have. You are in for a great week on the COnquest. Be patient, go with a great attitude, and enjoy the beauty of this magnificent ship!

We arrived around 11:30...I am really not sure on this particular day that the time mattered, since many who came behind us had even longer waiting times. They have a few kinks to work out and I am hopeful that your sailing will be much better in the areas of embarking and disembarking! I realize that doesn't answer you question though as to when you should arrive.

The cruise director was Stuart from "down under"....He was pretty good. I have had better cruise directors, but I have had a lot worse ones, too! He doesn't give lots of updates on the speakers which many people prefer. He has a good sense of humor though. I generally love attending the "Liars Club" show on a cruise, but this one was not good at all! However, the entertainment at the nightly shows was great!! And as for hot tubs,I did see people using them, but didn't spend much time in that area. I took my folks on this cruise and that wasn't the area they wanted to frequent.

Archived