Getaway 6/27....Mediocre at best....

cheaperts

Sorry to hear of the OPs disappointment. I wasn't impressed with some of the bar and boutique staff either. Fortunately we experienced great customer service in other areas that made a lasting impression. The not so freestyle concept is one I picked up on early in my planning for our cruise we took last week. I am a WDW vetran and am trained to book certain things on premium vacations. I like the idea of not eating at one of two dinner seatings like traditional cruising. I booked dinners in specialty dining all 7 nights at the exact same time- 7pm. My family and teens knew that time and met up at that time for dinner. 6 of the 7 nights there were empty tables around us. Just like WDW free dining plans throw a wrinkle in others plans, I can see how UDP would take up ressies too. But on the same note knowing that UDP is popular, I did plan ahead and greatly enjoyed our UDP.

again sorry to hear of your disappointments and hope the next trip is more satisfying.

OP, I am sorry you are feeling the abuse of Cruise Critic at the moment. For some reason the NCL board has turning into a place that does not at all support any less then glowing opinion of NCL. It is pathetic this attitude is growing and ruining what was once a very useful place to discuss issues.

You are 100% entitled to your opinion. I believe 100% that it was difficult to get reservations on board. I believe 100% that the staff is much more complacent then in the past because now gratuity is a guarantee and they dont have to put in any effort to receive it. I have a trip on the Escape booked for November and I am concerned for all the reasons you mentioned. The new management has done a lot to dissolve Freestyle as it used to be on NCL. When reservation are needed to get into any place to eat you might as well have a set dining time. No reservations IS Freestyle. When they now take reservations at all places including the MDR the system is broken. When the waiters know they will get $X no matter the level of service the service levels go down.

I am sorry you had a less then optimal time. You, like my family, will probably move on to a different line and will continue to enjoy cruising in the future. Why people on this board feel the need to try and minimize your feelings when they are all very valid complaints is beyond me....

Thanks for your feedback on the Getaway.

6&8

I don't think anybody was abusing the OP. The OP is absolutely entitled to her/his opinion but everybody else is also entitled to share their different point of view and in some cases ask for further clarification.

The way I look at it is that people come here for information, so as an example, if 5 people had a bad experience at Restaurant A and each of them come on here and post threads saying bad things about Restaurant A. I might come on here and see that and say to myself, I'm not going to Restaurant A, everybody hates it. However if I look at the thread and realize 20 different people all posted that was not their experience, well that puts the initial post in a different context. That doesn't mean I will completely disregard the OPs complaint.

The real issue for the OP might be the size of the ship. Their cruising history indicates that this is the first "mega" ship they have been on. It just might be that the "herding" that can seem to go on with the larger ships is not for them.

Didn't really feel the "Herd" often

And we like ship, the physical ship. I think we are better suited to like the Dawn class ships, now if they would just add the slides to them somewhere........

OK, enough said, for those that love it God Bless, just not our style.............:rolleyes: