Dynamic dining nightmare

I don't know about the TA advising about the dining situation. But I booked with Royal directly on the phone 2 days ago. I was told I could do set or Dynamic and that Dynamic just was I eat when and where I wanted. Since my husband and I often like just a table for us we went with the Dynamic. The rep knew it was our first cruise with Royal- never did he mention I would need to go online ahead of time and reserve anything. Nor does the planner give any indication of when the dining options will be available for booking. So I don't know if it is 3 months out, 9 months out - so how will I even know when I can take a look?

Being new to the cruise line, how could I possibly know of what other things might be scheduled to know when I might wish to make my dinner reservations. I have no clue on show times, etc. I would prefer to be able to decide dining after looking at the daily activities for the day.

We however are rather open and usually eat a bit later. We could take anything from 7:30 to 9:00 really wouldn't matter too much.