Cozumel experts help: What was the name of the beach club I went to?

Gwendy914

Spring of 2014, a group of us tried to get a cab to Sanchos, but were persuaded by our cab driver that he knew a better place. Turns out, it was perfect. But I don't remember the name of it.

It felt like it was newer and maybe in development? Pretty basic--some shaded tables and a full service bar. No pool, no water toys, but there were things you could rent like kayaks?. I don't think there were chairs for the beach, but maybe there were. There was vendor with a gift kiosk and no one else tried to sell us anything, so I bought a great hat and dresses for gifts. There were nice paths, a nice parking lot, and it was so, so quiet! We were not the only ones there, but the atmosphere was so relaxing. There were bathrooms and they were about as clean as any public bathroom on a beach.

When we were ready to head back, someone called us a cab and it took about 20 minutes. I think it was past Sancho by about 5-10 minutes.

Anyway, it was a great day and I was super glad the cab driver took us there even though I thought we were getting fleeced. I never thought I'd get a chance to return...but I'm headed to Cozumel again in December!

Does anyone know where I might have gone? LOL.

Google Palancar Beach, or Playa Palancar. Look at the images and see if that looks like the place. Good luck. I hope you find it.

I think that is it! I got confused when looking at it earlier because on another site, someone had pictures of those inflatable water toys and I don't think this place had them. But maybe their picture was from a different beach and they put it on the wrong one.

Everything else about it seems right!