6/28 Epic Cruise - Pre-Cruise review - Barcelona

suzan99

Our vacation started with a visit to relatives in Scotland, then we flew Ryan Air from Prestwick into Barcelona. We arrived 3 days early and really enjoyed Barcelona, it was our favorite city of the trip.

We stayed at the Cathedral de Bas apartments in the Gothic quarter in a 1 bedroom apartment with a kitchen, washing machine and balcony. The best location, around the corner from the Barcelona Cathedral. Lots of boutiques, clothing stores, Tapas bars, gelato shops. There was also a small plunge pool on the roof. We booked through expedia.

We went on the hop on hop off bus, then Sagrada Familia. The next day we went to Parc Gruell, the Art Museum of Catalonia. On Sunday morning I went to the Picasso museum and the Barcelona History museum. There was so much more to see but we only had 2 1/2 days. My daughter wanted to go to Tibagdo but by the time we finished dinner they were almost closed. We could have stayed a week! Placa Reial square is beautiful and has lots of restaurants.

I wanted to post pictures - does anyone know how to do this? I clicked on manage attachments to upload my pictures but it keeps saying upload failed.

We were a little nervous about pick pockets so I made my husband wear a money belt. I used a small flat, shoulder purse. We never saw any pick pockets but we didn't ride the metro or trains. We either walked or took taxis. Felt totally safe walking around the gothic quarter even at night. It was very lively with things still open in the evening.

We were a little nervous about pick pockets so I made my husband wear a money belt. I used a small flat, shoulder purse. We never saw any pick pockets but we didn't ride the metro or trains. We either walked or took taxis. Felt totally safe walking around the gothic quarter even at night. It was very lively with things still open in the evening.

Do you recall what the taxi fare was from the airport to the hotel and between the port? I'm considering trying the metro as it is pretty cheap.

Looking forward to your review! I'll be on the Epic in March, but a different itinerary. I do hope to do your itinerary at some point though, so will enjoy reading about your experiences.

To post photos larger than thumbnails, you'll need to host them on a site like Photobucket or Flckr. You can then get the URL from that site and paste it here using the icon that looks like a mountain.

Will you be describing your time in Barcelona, too? :D

I've read so much about pickpockets in Barcelona I was curious if this was something you observed? I figure more is being made of it than reality but was just curious if you felt like a target all the time.

Hillsboro? I also live in Hillsboro. :) Not a lot of pickpockets here. LOL

Do you recall what the taxi fare was from the airport to the hotel and between the port? I'm considering trying the metro as it is pretty cheap.

A taxi from the airport to downtown will cost you about 30 Euros. I believe there is a bus that goes downtown. I don't remember the METRO option. If you have luggage that would be difficult.

Check with the cc ports under Spain, I am sure someone can tell you about the bus.