Adding a second passenger to a solo cruise ?

Winchester Ranger

So now my Godson is making noises about doing my TA with me on 11/25 - he would fly to New York and cruise back with me - maybe.

If we end up trying to pull the trigger on this then apart from the obvious need to pay the additional "solo discount" for single occupancy of a double balcony cabin (25% ?) are there any other obstacles I would face - is it even feasible having now booked and paid for the cabin ?

PS - I think the world of him but I really wish I had kept my big mouth shut :rolleyes:

I have done this with P&O (still Carnival) and they worked out the price for two as it would have been on the date I booked for one, and just charged the extra. My friend and I settled up who owed what on a 50/50 basis. It was no problem.

I would suggest you ring Cunard (or your TA if you used one) and ask them. Then post their response here so that others can comment as to whether it is reasonable or not, based on past experience.

I've added a second person to an existing solo booking (and also, on a different occasion, changed one of the two passengers to a new name when an original person on the booking had to drop out). Although (in both cases) this was some time ago, and long before the outstanding balance on the booking was due, there wasn't a problem or issue doing so. Very straightforward.

Hope this helps. Have a great time :)

Edited by pepperrn

From the fact that you received a solo discount, I would assume that you did not pay a Saver fare. In that case you should be able to do it quite easily. I did it once about four years ago with no trouble, only about a week before the cruise was due to go.

Here in the UK, the current rules are that if you buy a 'Saver fare' (i.e. reduced sale price) then you cannot change the booking in any way, so you would not be able to add passengers. You can only make such changes to regular fares.