Breeze Review 6/14 Western Caribbean

Banks822

Day 6 ~ Cozumel

We didn't arrive in Cozumel until 10 am so that morning we all decided to eat breakfast in the MDR and skip the buffet lines.

After breakfast my inlaws got ready to go because they booked a tour through Carnival so they could see the town in air conditioning. Lol

The rest of us went to the rooms and got ready for a day of shopping. We've been to Cozumel and like to go to Nachi, but decided this was the best place to buy gifts for everyone back home. Plus we wanted to be back on board early so the kids could do the water slides and skycousre again and me and DH could check out the serenity deck hot tub. We got some good deals in the shops right outside the terminal and managed to get something for everyone. We also went to the bank and traded out money. My dad collects money from every place we go and I always pick it up for him. Cozumel was just a shopping and ship day for us, but we still had a fun time.

1436554080788.jpg.1c2a37c4b8ce7f50b41e596cc01e088b.jpg

1436554106631.jpg.dd2c579c3a3b59facb2bc37e02d6a37f.jpg

1436554150100.jpg.4f310580d0711a6f3dce6343921b078b.jpg

1436554184901.jpg.9cf7e25251a15144cfb239fffd83427f.jpg

1436554218261.jpg.084e1982909cbaca773bccbabefffde5.jpg

1436554264857.jpg.e19c3108d63224586a6da1685b348ba7.jpg

1436554298497.jpg.137bb215f4088c23d4cc2f43d184a48f.jpg

When we got back on the ship we put up our bags and decided to try lunch at Cucina del Capitano. My biggest regret of the cruise is that I didn't go here sooner! It was so good. I'm sure dinner was even better and if I get the chance to sail on another ship with it then I'm going.

After lunch the kids went to water works and the basketball court. Me and the hubby went to the serenity hot tub. A nice couple from Florida got in and we talked to them for about 20 minutes.

Then I did something I've never done on any cruise....I went to the room and took a nap. Lol I never nap, but 3 port days in a row and all that sun and swimming had me tired. After a short nap I headed to the spa. This was the day I had my scrub mixed up. Then I did my routine of T-pool, sauna and heated stone bed. Then I took my scrub to the locker room shower. After I got ready for dinner the kids were still enjoying the pools and basketball and didn't want to go yet. So on this night just the 4 adults went and the kids were on their own. I forget to mention that on day 1 we had a great wait staff. The 2nd day was not as great so we requested Dino and Brad every other night.

The kids had orders to be ready by 8 to hang out with us. So at 8:15 we went to see Motor City and at 10:15 it was Latin Nights. Again I saw these shows on a previous cruise, but these singers were better and the shows were good. My FIL really enjoyed motor city. After the last show we went for pizza and ice cream then off to bed. The next day was our last day and my DH and his dad were doing the early Behind the Fun tour for Father's Day.

I booked the Breeze for next winter and didn't realize the waterslides and rope course will rarely be open for the kids. :mad: I understand about the wind and the rope course but not the slides.

Are they ever open on sea days? Or just rarely?

I love your reveiw! My husband &I are like you guys We have cruised every year for 18 years look forward to relaxing & not being rushed. I enjoy your honesty. Your MK watch is beauiful. We are doing this cruise 11/ 1.

I hope you have a great time! Thanks for the compliment on the watch. I love it!

I booked the Breeze for next winter and didn't realize the waterslides and rope course will rarely be open for the kids. :mad: I understand about the wind and the rope course but not the slides.

Are they ever open on sea days? Or just rarely?

I don't recall it be open any of our sea days, but with this only being a 6 day cruise there were only 2. On the 1st sea day they told us that the ship was having to go fast to get to Jamaica on time and that's why it was so windy up high. So that may not be the case on your cruise. The water works part was always open though and the younger kids loved that. It was always busy.

Great review! We were on the Breeze last Thanksgiving and loved it! Did you get a chance to go to Bonsai Sushi? Loved it!

Looking forward to more!

No because I'm not a big sushi eater. But I wish I would of known more about the Taste Bar. I've read so much about it since we got back and I wished I would of tried that out.

Day 6 - last sea day

On this day I decided I was going to sleep in, especially when I realized it was cloudy outside. My DH got up early so him and his dad could eat before the Behind the Fun tour. Me and the kids slept until 9 then got up and went to breakfast. My younger 2 really like the towel animals and were always trying to make them. So we went to the 10 am towel animal class in the theater. Dr.E was once again a very entertaining host. After that they went to go have fun and I went to the Future Cruise talk in the Limelight lounge. It was actually pretty informative and not boring like some I've gone to. I knew they'd probably talk about the Vista and I was interested. After the meeting I met up with my MIL so we could finally try Fat Jimmy's. It's only open on sea days. The line was already long and I could see why. It was good food! I made my DH a plate as well because I knew he'd be hungry after the tour. I took our plates back to the room and waited on him to return. When I got back they delivered him a plate full of chocolate strawberries and other goodies to thank him for going on the tour.

Once he finally got back we decided to go the T-pool so he could tell me all about his adventure. He loved the tour and went on and on about the crews lounge area, how many pounds of food they bring on per cruise, how they disposed of the waste, how many chefs they have, and so on. I usually participate in Groove for St.Judes, but forgot all about it this time. That is another one of my regrets. But I did enjoy spending quite time at the spa with my husband.

After the spa time I was so relaxed that I actually took another nap! My DH and 2 youngest kids fell asleep too. I guess we were more tired than we realized. After we got up we all started getting ready for dinner. We were sitting down to eat by 5:45. Our last meal in the MDR was good and we laughed and cut up with our wait staff. They were really great and always spoke to us anytime they saw us on the ship. Once we finished we gave them all a tip and said our goodbyes.

We went straight to Thrill Theater after dinner and was right on time to see Just the Rides. It was our favorite of all the 4-D movies so we were happy for the chance to do it one more time. From there we spent some time in the arcade playing games with the kids. We always take them to the arcade at least once. The arcade on the Breeze was a good one and had fun games for teens. We also had fun in the photo booth.

This was mine and Brad's 1st cruise since becoming Gold. I heard they took things away, but we did get the coupon for free drink on the last day.

My 2 oldest wanted to hang out for a little while with some friends they'd made so me, the DH and 2 youngest went to the coffee bar and used our coupons. The kids had a little money left on their cards and got milk shakes. We got some cake to and all shared it.

1436585444841.jpg.b42fc043407a9d7d5ba5ecb8430855fe.jpg

While we were there we decided to sit in the café seating and listen to the live music. The group singing was good, especially the girl, but I don't recall their group name. We met the nicest family, also from NC, and ended up talking with them for about an hour. Then we realized we needed to go check out our pictures because we hadn't done that the whole cruise. Seriously this cruise was so different from normal for us! But I came home feeling like I'd actually been on vacation so I guess it's okay. After going back and forth I finally decided what picture I wanted and even had it made into an ornament. I love that ornament! Then I checked out the stores one last time and grabbed a few shirts.

Of course the kids wanted to get room service for the last night. So we went back to the room and ordered sandwiches, chocolate milk and cake. While we waited on the food we packed up everything and got ready to leave in the morning.

After we ate it was bedtime and we were tired because it was after midnight.

Here's a few pics around the ship I took.

1436586306818.jpg.09a51c0b5c1b7c3227f9378ad84a3f10.jpg

1436586338496.jpg.47eb687ea7000e08fa837706df5d40b1.jpg

1436586369126.jpg.48d629189f4ba02c22752670e0bb5f3f.jpg

1436586421769.jpg.e743a5b785b01e0a9a5334099eae5470.jpg

We finished getting ready, packed up the rest of our stuff and headed down to breakfast. Of course the lido deck was crazy, but we manged to get a table and some breakfast eventually. Because my MIL was using a cane Dr.E had someone get her a wheelchair and push her into the theater until time to get off the ship. It was a pretty quick process and everything went smoothly. While you don't need a passport, I'll say that things went much faster this time for me because I did. I usually just use birth certificates. But I'll be going to Peru soon on a mission trip and had to get a passport. It made things much easier!

We booked the everglades tour through Carnival with transportation to FLL airport because we had a late flight home and really didn't want to be bored at airport all day. The tour was great!

1436587113044.jpg.c77f77f48f78f5ba48f829cef1e8e3e4.jpg

1436587139681.jpg.3b2e4ca9b5f28601a6f7ee8bf2711c1d.jpg

1436587186557.jpg.b765e7fc7706c0861ae1bfbbeb3183d6.jpg

1436587208362.jpg.e16c8ae869bba6d6f0bc08f4fd02e0fe.jpg

1436587258834.jpg.200b0e5736e51a4b459ae77e5c94e8d0.jpg

After the tour they took us to the airport. We ate lunch then waited around for our flight. Finally we were on our way home. It was dark before we landed and we had to fly around a storm, but the flight went quickly enough and by 9:00 we were on the ground in Raleigh.

So that pretty much sums up our family vacation and 1st cruise on the Breeze. We liked the ship and all the ports, the food was good, the staff was good, we never had major problems with anything and we had a lot fun!

The Breeze isn't my favorite ship and I'm not sure if I'll sail on it again, but while we were on it we had a great time and I'm glad I got to experience it.

Edited by Banks822

Tonight the shows were a repeat, 88 Keys then DIVAS. So we changed clothes and went to the Lido for the Dive - in movie, The Hobbit. We got our blankets, drinks and popcorn and had a nice time together just watching the movie. As I'm writing this I feel like we were kinda boring this cruise! Lol My DH is a recovering alcoholic almost 2 years sober 😆. We love to cruise, but choose to avoid the party scene because I'm not gonna dangle temptation in his face. Usually we run ourselves down trying to squeeze in everything that we can and don't want to miss a thing. Then we get home and are totally exhausted and need a vacation to recover from our vacation. We skipped cruising last year until we knew my DH was ready to be around the alcohol. This time I wanted an actual vacation! No rushing, no standing in line 30 minutes to see a comedy show or be 1st off the ship, no leaving ports early to make it to the dinning room at 6. It may look boring, but I had a great time with my sober husband and our children.

Sounds like our kind of trip! We like taking it easy and just hanging out together. We even like to just relax in our cabins! Shocking, I know.

I wanted to tell your husband congrats on his sobriety. That is a huge thing and I'm sure makes all of you very happy. Wise to wait to cruise until he felt more solid.

Thanks for the review. You did a really nice job. Oh, btw, we always go to the family friendly comedy because we also don't care for constant swearing and sex jokes. They have always been really funny except for one guy who was a jerk.

Sounds like our kind of trip! We like taking it easy and just hanging out together. We even like to just relax in our cabins! Shocking, I know.

I wanted to tell your husband congrats on his sobriety. That is a huge thing and I'm sure makes all of you very happy. Wise to wait to cruise until he felt more solid.

Thanks for the review. You did a really nice job. Oh, btw, we always go to the family friendly comedy because we also don't care for constant swearing and sex jokes. They have always been really funny except for one guy who was a jerk.

Thank you so much! He's worked hard for his sobriety. I was so nervous the cruise would be to much temptation, so I used the Carnival Hub app and checked it frequently to keep up with his purchases. Lol but he did just fine and I was proud of him.

I would of liked to of seen some of the family friendly shows, but we just didn't have time to fit it all in. The next cruise the kids aren't going, so we should have more time for shows and things like that. Thanks again!

We finished getting ready, packed up the rest of our stuff and headed down to breakfast.

We booked the everglades tour through Carnival with transportation to FLL airport because we had a late flight home and really didn't want to be. bored at airport all day. The tour was great!

We're doing the same thing for the same reason. Glad to hear you liked irlt. What time did you get to FLL?

We're doing the same thing for the same reason. Glad to hear you liked irlt. What time did you get to FLL?

Around 2:00. We dropped the people off at Miami airport 1st then switched to a different bus going to FLL.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for taking the time to do such a great review! We are taking our 2 youngest on their first cruise on the Breeze this January. Our kids are similar in age to yours so it was really helpful to read what yours enjoyed.

Also thanks for that great tip on the Sunset Beach day pass! We will definitely plan on that if the itinerary stays the same.

I NEVER nap on vacation and always come home dead tired. I think I might give it a go this time around :)

Thank you for taking the time to do such a great review! We are taking our 2 youngest on their first cruise on the Breeze this January. Our kids are similar in age to yours so it was really helpful to read what yours enjoyed.

Also thanks for that great tip on the Sunset Beach day pass! We will definitely plan on that if the itinerary stays the same.

I NEVER nap on vacation and always come home dead tired. I think I might give it a go this time around :)

That's awesome! You'll definitely enjoy sunset beach so I hope you get a chance to go. I hope your family has an awesome vacation!! 😆

If you have any other questions please ask.