Carnival Magic Suite????

crusing48/51

Hi all! Posted a few days ago that I had upgraded our cabin to an aft wrap, from an L-shaped balcony, on the Magic. I got mixed reviews for this particular cabin, so I have another question....

If we are going to be staying on the ship for a couple of ports, and most likely using our cabin a lot more than usual, would it be better to "go for it" and upgrade again to a suite? I am a bit concerned about being aft, and would prefer more mid ship.

We have been on a similar cruise before, and won't be doing excursions in at least 2 of the ports. Have never been in a suite, but think we can afford it this time. In your expert opinions, would it be worth it to switch to the suite, from the aft wrap?

Thank you!!

We had an aft. balcony on the Conquest a few years ago and really loved it. We have one of the L shaped balcony cabins on the Magic for Feb. This will be our 1st. L shaped cabin, so we will see how it works out. Seems that everyone that has the aft wraps really like them.

Doug

Edited by douglinc@msn.com

We had an aft. balcony on the Conquest a few years ago and really loved it. We have one of the L shaped balcony cabins on the Magic for Feb. This will be our 1st. L shaped cabin, so we will see how it works out. Seems that everyone that has the aft wraps really like them.

Doug

Thanks Doug. How was the aft balcony? Was there a lot of movement back there? I tend to get sea sick, that's another reason we may need to move.

Hi all! Posted a few days ago that I had upgraded our cabin to an aft wrap, from an L-shaped balcony, on the Magic. I got mixed reviews for this particular cabin, so I have another question....

If we are going to be staying on the ship for a couple of ports, and most likely using our cabin a lot more than usual, would it be better to "go for it" and upgrade again to a suite? I am a bit concerned about being aft, and would prefer more mid ship.

We have been on a similar cruise before, and won't be doing excursions in at least 2 of the ports. Have never been in a suite, but think we can afford it this time. In your expert opinions, would it be worth it to switch to the suite, from the aft wrap?

Thank you!!

If you are not going to be going into port at least two times would you consider upgrading to a spa suite? This would give you access to the cloud 9 spa in addition to a very quiet area of the ship (where the cabins are) and suite as well. It really only makes sense if the spa is something that you would consider . We love it!

Edited by tea4ular

Thanks Doug. How was the aft balcony? Was there a lot of movement back there? I tend to get sea sick, that's another reason we may need to move.

No there was not a lot of movement, there is some vibration from the rear thrusters when they are docking, but otherwise it was just fine.

Doug

Thank you coolson.

Could you please tell me why you prefer the cove balconies?

Absolutely. In our opinion, the aft wrap balcony is not as deep as the cove balcony, which gives a slightly claustrophobic feel. However, it is much longer than the cove balcony. Also, the cove balcony is closer the the ocean so it seems more relaxing from the sounds and aids anyone who has a fear of heights. Lastly, when disembarking at a port, we were one of the first ones off and didn't get stuck on the stairs because the cove balcony is near the bottom of the ship. Also when re-embarking, we had just a couple of flights to climb and didn't have to wait for an elevator. Both are nice rooms, we just prefer the cove balcony.

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely. In our opinion, the aft wrap balcony is not as deep as the cove balcony, which gives a slightly claustrophobic feel. However, it is much longer than the cove balcony. Also, the cove balcony is closer the the ocean so it seems more relaxing from the sounds and aids anyone who has a fear of heights. Lastly, when disembarking at a port, we were one of the first ones off and didn't get stuck on the stairs because the cove balcony is near the bottom of the ship. Also when re-embarking, we had just a couple of flights to climb and didn't have to wait for an elevator. Both are nice rooms, we just prefer the cove balcony.

I'm trying to decide on aft 6470 or cove for Jan 2016. Had a cove on the Dream and loved it especially with Cheers and close to the Atrium bar. We have had aft wraps several times, and my hubbie loves the balcony...money is not the problem, love the aft water and the cove water...help

Thank you!!

depends if you are a balcony person and like to view different angles of the balcony (aft wrap you get side view and aft view) or if you like having a larger room? up to you really.

The coves are great. You are still 3 decks above the water line--so not exactly on the water, but because there is the outside lanai on deck 5 that surrounds the ship, standard balcony cabins above deck 5 do not get to see directly down to the water like non-dream class ships. In addition, a cove balcony has more leg room than standard balconies--45 sq ft vs 35 sq ft.

Here is a cove...

th_DSC07745_zps4du913e5.jpg th_DSC07688_zpslezl9nlz.jpg th_DSC07201_zpsrughf2ep.jpg

Standard Balcony...

th_DSC05881_zpsbef28f10.jpg

Hope this helps and hope you have a great cruise regardless of the type of balcony you choose. Bon Voyage!