Priority boarding and

elky75

I too have a son with Autism. You should call the Special needs dept and they can tell you how to do it. We also do the handicapped muster so we don't have to bring him out and stand in line with everyone. After boarding go to guest services and tell them you need it. I know some ships are doing muster in the Show lounge but if its outside it can be very overwhelming for our kids.

Edited by thomarvin

We buy faster to the fun. It's well worth the cost to have the cabin ready and we can go straight there for our son to decompress and get familiar. Also, the luggage arrives quicker and we have a dedicated line at guest services. That's handy if your kid hates lines.

Carnival cannot, by law, ask for medical verification of a disability. We have tried a couple times using the special needs dept. and they allowed me to go thru security with our son then go to chairs to sit down while the rest of our party waited in the line for a check-in agent. Then we boarded with all the wheelchair and scooter folks. If you arrive to port a little later, around 1, then there's very little waits or lines. (Depends on the port too)

I'm not sure why you need priority disembark? You can wait comfortably in your cabin. You can let a port agent know in the terminal building and they try to help you with the line at customs but that's about all. I agree with the above poster about the muster drill-ask guest services once you board.

Do not stand in line to ask Guest Services about disabled muster. Any staff member guiding folks once muster starts will tell you where it is and just go. They won't ask why you are there. They will only ask if you will need amssistance if there is an emergency.

I am not a fan of crowds, waiting in line or the mess in the buffet on embarkation day. I request a late check out at the hotel (when needed), board after 2:00 and avoid it all.

Don't over think this as there is absolutely no need for priority boarding to resolve your concern nor is there a need to deal with the line at guest services to use the disabled muster station.