Is a mini-suite worth the extra cost?

CruisinCadie

The price you've been offered is a very good one, so I'd go for it. However, I'd urge you to be cautious about the location. We were in D518 in August 2015 on the British Isles cruise. Although the lifeboats were one deck below, we got a very early and loud wakeup on the sea days when they lowered the lifeboat one deck below. Some of the pulleys/etc were located outside our mini suite and and we got an earful during the lowering.

Right now, we're leaning towards the balcony on Caribe. When you break down the extra money by the day, we can easily pay our tips and have some leftover for extras.

Good point about the tenders/lifeboats. We were above one once and the noise was horrendous.

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and suggestions.

Kathy

Where in the heck in the Cruise Personalizer is the place to mark a cruise as either "no upgrade" or "meta upgrade only?" I've looked all over my personalizer and have been unable to find such a link/checkbox anywhere! Of course you're going to tell me and then I'm going to feel like a complete idiot when I probably end up going to a page I've been to a dozen times looking for the info! :o I'm going to feel really dumb then!

Thanks.

Tom

I have never seen it on the personalizer either, but if you booked it directly, call Princess. You should have information as to the travel rep assigned to your account. If you booked it through a TA, They need to do it.

At least that is my understanding.

The only type cabin I ever book on princess is a mini suite or nothing. The balcony cabins do not even have a small sofa like most other cruise lines give you in balcony cabin. The mini suites are the perfect size for a cabin. They have a full bath/shower combo which I love and a very nice sitting area with a full size sofa. Two televisions, one in the sitting area and one in the bedroom area, very nice. The balcony is larger to, at least on the Grand Class ships. One interesting thing on the Grand Princess and its sister ships is that the least expensive aft location mini suites are covered balcony's. I always pick this location. It is nice to be covered for not only privacy but for weather too. In many cases the entry level price mini suite is not that much more than a balcony cabin. Even so it is worth the extra money spent for the larger space. This of course is what I like. Many people are just as happy with a balcony or even outside or inside cabin where you can save money. If you are not in your cabin all that much it might not matter. It is all good.

This morning I was offered an upsell for our 26 day cruise to a mini for $399pp. I have decided to decline. We are already in a carefully selected deluxe balcony that already has a small sofa and 302 sq. feet. So it seems that we would be paying $800 for a larger bathroom (which is still an incentive! :D)