Entertainment on the Summitt

MAtravelbug

Has anyone else felt that the entertainment on the Summitt has been mediocre at best? We just got off the Summitt on a Bermuda cruise, and I would have expected that the singers and dancers would be a little better trained or rehearsed. Have been on other lines and have always been very happy with the entertainment, but on this cruise I felt that the entertainment lacked a lot. The best show was the quartet who sang the hits from the 4 Seasons. They were excellent!

We've sailed on Royal Carribean's Soverign, Legend, Vision, Voyager and Navigator of the Seas, Norwegian Sun, and Disney Magic and Dream. All had better shows! just my thoughts...

MAtraveller

This was subject on another thead. I was on the Summit last August, and am going again this August. The entertainment though was awful. There was nothing good about it. The costmeunes, the song choices, the talent, etc were all equally poor. I was very surprised. We stopped going to any of the shows, and we aren't planning on going this time around unless there is something new.

I just got off Summit today and the 3 main shows were pretty bad. I actually thought the 2 main women singers and 1-2 of the male singers were good but the shows themselves were awful. There was no scenery/backdrops and the songs themselves were not cohesive/matched well to the show itself. It really felt like amateur hour in terms of the shows. I think if the choreography, song choice and overall theme were better put together, they might have something. They have a lot to work on though. (That robot / scifi 'scene' in the last main show was a disaster. What were they thinking)? I would dump all three shows if I were them and start over.

I did like the comedian. The magician was just ok. The quartet was pretty bad. The singers interspersed though out the ship were flat out bad. Every other line has had better entertainment around the ship and didnt disappear after 45 minutes to another venue.