Pre- Breakaway hotel

smartinm

Is it the Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport, Frontage Road Newark NJ? In Canadian ex I get the non-refundable room for 90$ CAD, that's crazy :S

Not sure if you have my earlier post, anything you can tell me about that hotel? Hampton Inn.

Honestly, I am not sure. I just tried to do it again and no luck. I must have typed something other than what I thought. Can you take anything into NYC from the airport? But as long as I can figure it out, then I am not concerned if it isnt from the airport. :)

Honestly, I am not sure. I just tried to do it again and no luck. I must have typed something other than what I thought. Can you take anything into NYC from the airport? But as long as I can figure it out, then I am not concerned if it isnt from the airport. :)

The Hampton Inn is Ok, but not a good location on the west side of the airport and no food services except breakfast. It is isolated - no place to walk to, which is a common situation around the airport.

You can get country Inns on Kayak for more money from more reputable vendors - click on the hotel name instead of SELECT for prices.

Coud you clarify this comment? "Can you take anything into NYC from the airport? But as long as I can figure it out, then I am not concerned if it isnt from the airport."

Was that the Ramada you meant? The price on expedia is great if that's the one you meant!

And yeah I see it's worded weird. I was just wondering if you have access to public transportation from the airport. But I guess this does not matter if the hotel provides a shuttle to the train

Was that the Ramada you meant? The price on expedia is great if that's the one you meant!

And yeah I see it's worded weird. I was just wondering if you have access to public transportation from the airport. But I guess this does not matter if the hotel provides a shuttle to the train

The Ramada is on Frontage Road Newark

The major public transit access to NYC is via NJ Transit train from the Newark Airport Station for $12.50/pp. each way. From the Ramada you can take a local bus out front that runs once an hour non rush times that takes you into Newark Penn Station where you can get the cheaper train rate of $5/pp to New York Penn Station or PATH to downtown NY fir $2.75/pp.

The Ramada on Frontage Road Newark is listed for 90$ CAD per night, that is a great deal! Do you recommend I book this then?

Is there some sort of pass we can purchase for the transportation?

So if we get the public transportation, each trip into/out of NYC would be 7.57/pp?

The Ramada on Frontage Road Newark is listed for 90$ CAD per night, that is a great deal! Do you recommend I book this then?

Is there some sort of pass we can purchase for the transportation?

So if we get the public transportation, each trip into/out of NYC would be 7.57/pp?

That is a great deal. On Expedia? I can't see it on the US site.

No passes for such a short time. Train is $12.50 each way to Midtown New York Penn Station. Train and PATH is $11 each way to downtown NYC. I will look up the local bus to Newark Penn station later. IMO coming back late at night you do not want to hang out waiting for this bus to go back to the hotel.

Okay thank you!!

Yeah on the Canadian site, I'm surprised at the price! The only thing is that it is non-refundable, and I liked having the option to cancel if you find a better deal BUT I doubt we will haha

And thank you, I will also start researching the transportation, but you are probably right about not wanting to wait around for a bus at night. So am I understanding right, I would grab these trains in the train station located AT The airport? And then take the hotel shuttle back I suppose.

Okay thank you!!

Yeah on the Canadian site, I'm surprised at the price! The only thing is that it is non-refundable, and I liked having the option to cancel if you find a better deal BUT I doubt we will haha

And thank you, I will also start researching the transportation, but you are probably right about not wanting to wait around for a bus at night. So am I understanding right, I would grab these trains in the train station located AT The airport? And then take the hotel shuttle back I suppose.

Yes, that's what you do. Newark Airport is a major operation. Not as big as JFK, but about # 14 in the US. It is a major transportation hub, but you pay a premium for that via an extra charge on the train tickets. It is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Carol,

I have a quick question for you! :)

So the morning of embarkation our time is 9:30-10, so we want to head over pretty early in the morning. Do you think taking the train for the airport to port authority, and catching a taxi there to the Manhattan cruise port is doable? Or would you recommend a car service at that point? Thanks! :) I think I also read that the hotel we are at does have a car service for 15$ to Manhattan, so that could be another option (I still have to double check that with them).

Thanks Carol, you are great! :)

Hey Carol,

I have a quick question for you! :)

So the morning of embarkation our time is 9:30-10, so we want to head over pretty early in the morning. Do you think taking the train for the airport to port authority, and catching a taxi there to the Manhattan cruise port is doable? Or would you recommend a car service at that point? Thanks! :) I think I also read that the hotel we are at does have a car service for 15$ to Manhattan, so that could be another option (I still have to double check that with them).

Thanks Carol, you are great! :)

By the time you spend several days precruise in the area, you should know what transportation will work well for you and your luggage. Your choices are:

1). Hotel shuttle to the P4 Airtrain station, Airtrain to the Newark Airport train Station, NJ Transit to New York Penn Station, and cab to the port.

2). Hotel shuttle to the P4 Airtrain station, Airtrain to one of the terminals, the Airport bus to Port Authority bus terminal for $16, and cab to the port. Advantage: bus drops you on the street instead of inside the terminal. No massive station to negotiate with luggage. Cheaper cab fare will offset most if the higher price.

3) Car Service to the port - likely to be at least $85-100 with tolls and tip