Carnival Ecstasy actual/typical disembark time??

RHCPfan7

I'm cruising on the Ecstasy out of Miami and scheduled an early flight back on debarkation day before considering the recommended flight times (dumb, I know). I wanted to get an idea from recent guests what time they have actually been able to get off the ship. Thanks! :)

I did self disembark the last time I was on Ecstasy a few months ago in April.

They announced on my sailing that they would start letting passengers get off around 8 to 8:15 am.

I was in a bit of a rush because I had to be at work in Fort Lauderdale at 9am :eek: Rush hour traffic on 95 can be a mess for those of you familiar with South Florida traffic.

I was off the ship by 8:30 and made it to work by 9:15, so only a tiny bit late ( no one noticed though because I asked a co-worker to turn on the light to my office as soon as she arrived lol).

Not only are there the security and check-in lines at the airport but don't forget that you have to go through disembarkation US Customs in the port before leaving. With self assist you should, in theory, be through quickly ... but it can be a real bottle neck on occasion, especially if they're short staffed. :rolleyes:

I was in the Platinum group (not self-assist), and would have been off by about 8:15, but it turned out to be 8:30 because their computers froze just as I was about to "ding" my card through their machine for the last time. With the slight delay and using Carnival's shuttle, I was at the airport by about 9:15. I know they usually delay the shuttle's departure until it fills up, but in this case there were lots of empty seats but they left anyway.