The Tequila Experience by Jose Cuervo

Lkozinko

I was looking for anyone that may have participated in this excursion. The husband and my self will be in Cozumel in September and we have been at this port numerous times and have done just about everything. Husband loves Tequila and I thought this might be interesting for him but my concern is it's more museum and talking than tasting Tequila. Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

Is this the Carnival Excursion at Discover Mexico? I believe you get to taste all the tequilas and a margarita plus food. I believe you can book this on your own. But you should contact the park to be sure. Discover Mexico is an interesting stop. They have models of several famous historical sites in Mexico that you walk around outside along a path, plus a short video and a number of artifacts. That'll take you all of 30 minutes to see. Link to park here, with information on the tequila tasting.

http://www.discovermexico.org/

Excursion price seems a bit high to me for just a small tasting and a couple of tacos but check versus separate park packages and a $20 RT taxi fare.

Unless this is a vastly different Jose Cuervo tequila than what you find in the States, I wouldn't pay to drink it. There is a little tequila village in Chankanaab park where you can taste samples. There are also tours offered at Hacienda Antiqua http://www.tequilatourcozumel.com/ that sound interesting. I've never done it, but it is on my list of things I want to do. There are reviews for that tour on Trip Adviser. If you walk around downtown, there are lots of shops that give away tastings. Have fun!