Dawn out of Boston or Breakaway out of NY

Louise245

If the price is the same I would definitely go on the Breakaway. I just got off the Dawn last week and thought that the service was lacking , not everyone but noticeable to me. Parking in Boston is $140 for the week, NY is $280.The extra $100 is worth it to me to be on a better ship, better service,and you get into Bermuda on Wednesday morning not Sunday afternoon.

Looking into Gem 1/2/2016 -- where did you find parking for $280? That's a great price!

Thanks,

Gen

Looking into Gem 1/2/2016 -- where did you find parking for $280? That's a great price!

Thanks,

Gen

You park right on the roof of the terminal. That's $280 for 7 days. We just returned from the Breakaway and found it to be very convienent. You can drop your checked luggage at the lower level first but we found it easier to drive up to the roof and drop your luggage near the service elevator and park, then take the large elevator with your luggage down to check in. I think that if you go to drop off your luggage first you might have to circle back for parking. I didn't try so I'm not sure.

We found the Breakaway to be excellent for the Grandkids but we prefer the smaller size of the Dawn.

Edited by CTBob

We're from Ct, also, & on the Breakaway in Sept. We've decided (for better or worse :eek:) to take NCL's transportation into NY from New London for $220 rt for both myself & dh, he would prefer not to drive if possible and its less expensive than parking. We'll see if this ends up being a good decision or not :rolleyes:. Has anyone else taken their transportation?

We're from Ct, also, & on the Breakaway in Sept. We've decided (for better or worse :eek:) to take NCL's transportation into NY from New London for $220 rt for both myself & dh, he would prefer not to drive if possible and its less expensive than parking. We'll see if this ends up being a good decision or not :rolleyes:. Has anyone else taken their transportation?
One time the bus was late and everyone on it missed the boat. Seems like while it is NCL's recommended transportation it is run by a private company and NCL is not responsible. Only happened once that I am aware of and usually works well for most people. Probably safer than driving yourself. Good idea to have trip insurance. Edited by CTBob

One time the bus was late and everyone on it missed the boat. Seems like while it is NCL's recommended transportation it is run by a private company and NCL is not responsible. Only happened once that I am aware of and usually works well for most people. Probably safer than driving yourself. Good idea to have trip insurance.

:eek:They hold airplanes when you book thru the cruise line, but they didn't for the bus. Holey #@&!#!!! Hopefully there shouldn't be a problem with a Sunday during the summer time;)

One time the bus was late and everyone on it missed the boat. Seems like while it is NCL's recommended transportation it is run by a private company and NCL is not responsible. Only happened once that I am aware of and usually works well for most people. Probably safer than driving yourself. Good idea to have trip insurance.

I was on the BA in Sept. and a NCL recommended bus got stuck in traffic on 95 and I think it was 27 people missed the boat.From what I recall they gave them the option of flying into Bermuda Tuesday to meet the ship Wednesday or reschedule the trip. I drive myself and leave extra time.

CTBob,

Can you make reservations for parking on roof of terminal?

Sorry, I don't know but check Manhattan Cruise Pier Parking and I'm sure you will find the answer.

Just checked, no reservations!

Bob

Edited by CTBob