? About booking early saver

13cheermom

Just recently booked an early saver fare for cruise in December, I noticed when I went to pay deposit it included vacation protection plan with total amount due (it was a 1/2 deposit sale) so I just removed insurance and then paid the deposit amount. With regular fares it always allowed me to just pay deposit at time of booking and when final payment time came around I paid remaining balance with insurance included. Does early saver change that?

I always do ES bookings and have never been forced to buy the insurance. I buy my insurance from an outside vendor. Might just be a Carnival trick to include it so you buy it without thinking about it. You are fine without it, but I would suggest going and purchasing it on your own as with ES if something does happen you can't cancel without loosing your deposit.

Yeah, I really didn't think too much about it at the time, we have always purchased it for every cruise in the past. But when I went back into my booking and said to add it to the booking it came back with error message about having a valid VIFP # or changing the rate code?? I haven't called about it I usually do my own bookings online anyway. It's only $250/deposit, and I realize I would still lose $100 total if I cancelled. Just wondered if it had anything to do with booking it with early saver this time. Thanks for your reply!

I always do ES bookings and have never been forced to buy the insurance. I buy my insurance from an outside vendor. Might just be a Carnival trick to include it so you buy it without thinking about it. You are fine without it, but I would suggest going and purchasing it on your own as with ES if something does happen you can't cancel without loosing your deposit.

I was told by my PVP with the "Cancel for Any Reason" you can cancel without losing the deposit as long as the insurance is purchased.

I booked an early saver cruise this winter through one of the sales that Carnival had for reduced deposit and had no problem adding insurance later. I added the insurance when I made my final payment which was a few weeks later. When I tried doing it on line I had a bit of a problem but then I called and someone there helped me along with adding prepaid gratuities.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Yeah thanks for all the helpful information, I just had never booked using that fare before. I will probably wait to add also at final payment time like suggested. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything with that fare code. Doubt we will really see much of a price drop however, it's pretty low right now and that's what prompted me to book this cruise.

Yeah thanks for all the helpful information, I just had never booked using that fare before. I will probably wait to add also at final payment time like suggested. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything with that fare code. Doubt we will really see much of a price drop however, it's pretty low right now and that's what prompted me to book this cruise.

I would check 3rd party travel insurance first. It is often cheaper, may include more than what Carnival will cover, and you can include other items, such as airfare.

Just be sure you check the 3rd party requirements for how long you have to buy the insurance after booking.