If price increases does it affect courtesy hold?

jb456

We have a booking currently on a 24 hour courtesy hold which expires tonight. Just noticed the cruise jumped a few hundred higher. Will that affect the price of our courtesy hold or will NCL give it to us at the price when we placed the hold?

Thank you!

EDIT - sorry should of mentioned we have to call in to pay in CAD currency so I am wondering if once we call in to do this will they say "sorry price changed it's this amount now"??

Edited by jb456

We have a booking currently on a 24 hour courtesy hold which expires tonight. Just noticed the cruise jumped a few hundred higher. Will that affect the price of our courtesy hold or will NCL give it to us at the price when we placed the hold?

Thank you!

EDIT - sorry should of mentioned we have to call in to pay in CAD currency so I am wondering if once we call in to do this will they say "sorry price changed it's this amount now"??

I believe that if you read the fine print you will find that all a courtesy hold does is hold the cabin, not the price, so if the price went up you will have to pay the new price. I hope for your sake that I misread that but I don't think so.

When last I used a courtesy hold, the PCC told me that it did hold the price and that I was smart for putting on the online hold. So, I think you just have to call and ask, but if you put a hold on it, it should be the same as if you have booked it at that time.

What does a courtesy hold actually do?

We booked a GV on the Jade recently through our TA. She said both GVs for that cruise were on courtesy holds.

While she was talking to an NCL rep, they said if we're putting a deposit on a GV now, we could have our choice of which GV we wanted. So we booked one of them.

Thank you all.

Just got off chat with NCL. They confirmed price is locked in for duration of the 24 hour hold. Which is great news! Enough time to get home from work and book:p