Lobster Night

max a million

Do they on 7 night cruises?

Lobster is traditionally served on the second formal night (it used to be listed as semi-formal night). Many other cruise lines offer Lobster on the first formal night just so you're prepared.

Unlike cruisefamilyforever, my most recent lobster tail on DCL wasn't very good. My first was so overdone that it was practically a puddle on the plate once removed from the shell. My second was somewhat overcooked but okay. Disney also serves their lobster tails with rice and a bean mixture and bakes them with paprika on top.

For me, the better one is one the final night menu on the 7 night - it's the Sea Ya Real Soon menu. It's a pasta dish which has a variety of seafood including a lobster tail (along with scallops, shrimp and clams).

100_1314_zpsbde0cc14.jpg

We have not been impressed with the quality of the lobster for many years. A member of the dining staff explained to me that they are not the typical Maine lobsters; they are a variety called rock lobsters. They are sent to the ship frozen. Obviously, I can't verify this, but can tell you that we don't order lobster any more after several disappointing cruise lobsters. As noted, there are some lobster dishes that are far better.

Just checked with the disneycruiselineblog and it seems that the 5th menu on the Magic in May was "Till We Meet Again" which does feature the seafood pasta I've pictured above. While you won't have a lobster tail dinner, you will be able to have a bit of lobster after all (as long as the 5 night Magic cruises going forward use that same menu).

Edited by meatloafsfan

Lobster is traditionally served on the second formal night (it used to be listed as semi-formal night). Many other cruise lines offer Lobster on the first formal night just so you're prepared.

Unlike cruisefamilyforever, my most recent lobster tail on DCL wasn't very good. My first was so overdone that it was practically a puddle on the plate once removed from the shell. My second was somewhat overcooked but okay. Disney also serves their lobster tails with rice and a bean mixture and bakes them with paprika on top.

For me, the better one is one the final night menu on the 7 night - it's the Sea Ya Real Soon menu. It's a pasta dish which has a variety of seafood including a lobster tail (along with scallops, shrimp and clams).

100_1314_zpsbde0cc14.jpg

Wow, they killed your lobster. I have to agree with you that usually the lobster is nothing to write home about on ships. My four tails were brought out together not over anything and they were twice as big as the one in your picture. They were cooked to perfection! I usually ordered four different entrees every night, but lobster night I went all in and they were wonderful!

Is lobster serves on a 6 night cruise?

They should but since Disney rarely does a 6 day cruise there isn't much to validate my guess. The only 6 day Bahamian cruise even offered for the 2015 and 2016 seasons is one 6-night Bahamian cruise on the Wonder out of Galveston on December 18, 2015.