HELP! Leaving Sunday...Junkanoo or Hilton

biebz

We just keep going back and forth for weeks on which beach to visit. We want something in walking distance. Rather do Junkanoo since we won't be there long but the reviews are mixed.

So here are a few questions....

Has anyone been to Junkanoo in the past few months to give an update on the conditions of the beach?

Do they have lounge chairs and umbrellas for rent at both places?

Which one is closer? Are they both easy to get to? Also, someone put very good directions to Junkanoo but I can't find them. Does anyone remember the site or have directions?

Can someone supply directions to the Hilton?

I know it is about $60 for Hilton, and you put a deposit online, so if it

rains and you do not show up, you just lose your deposit, right...not the

whole amount?

Thanks for all the help...we are sooooooooooooo ready to be there!!

I haven't been there in a couple of months it's been while lol but I can help with some of your questions...

junkanoo did at the time we went have rentals available not sure of the cost or if the cost would have changed. There are also changing rooms/bathrooms there but bring your own tp if there's a lot of ships in port. We luckily had napkins. Also wash your feet before going into the bathrooms. At the time we were there a local made sure everyone washed their feet of sand before entering the bathrooms.

Junkanoo was further then the hilton you go past the hilton to get to junkanoo beach. This is a link to another Cruise Critic thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1641451 there are maps there too that show from port to junkanoo beach.

The hilton you walk right past and it's past senior frogs.

The only refund I saw was if the ship cannot make it into port then a refund would be given for the deposit but you have to show proof. This was from island marketing. Not sure if you was looking at that or not.