Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

WOOFIE

:confused: Our whole family of 16 is staying at the Hampton Inn Fll Arpt Nrth on the day before we sail. I was wondering if anyone stayed there? I'd like to know what all is around this hotel as far as shopping and dining? We are on the 10/8 CB cruise.

We stayed there Feb. 2004; nice hotel. There's not too much around within walking distance but there is a GREAT German restaurant across the street. We had an excellent meal there, with a fun atmosphere and great service. We were only there from dinnertime through the next morning so we didn't have time for much exploring. The hotel has a free shuttle; with a big group, reserve as soon as you check in (or call and see if they'll book you early.) It wasn't a big van. This Hampton picks people up at the airport way faster than the other Hampton on Sterling Rd - their van has flamingos on top. Can't miss it! :> It's fine for an overnight - only a few minutes from the port. Have a great time!

Kirsten

Thanks for the info Kirsten. I wasn't too sure about this place. It seemed nice from the description but you never know. I'm glad you had some positive things to say. I will tell my nephew to make sure he has us booked early for our shuttle to the port. He will be arriving there around 10 am and he's the one taking care of all the arrangements for this huge group. One whole big family!! I'm sure hoping to have a good time. With all the hurricanes who knows what we'll be facing come Oct. 8th. I've cruised on the Voyager in 03 to the Western Caribbean and just loved that ship. What a perfect first cruise. I just hope it's the same with this ship. We shall see.

There's also a grocery store in a strip mall right across the parking lot from the hotel. Other stores there but I can't remember what they are. One might have been a liquor store. There are also two fast food restaurants (names of which escape me) right in front of that strip mall.

We really liked that hotel and would use it again. Their breakfast was very good also.

You can call a couple of cabs if you don't want to wait for the shuttle. Not really expensive since it's so close, and they charge for the cab and not per person.

WOOFIE,

We just stayed there this past July. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. The shuttle drivers were great. They were very knowledgeable re area restaurants, shopping and tourist attractions. The shuttle will drive to and from the airport and cruise port. They were also very prompt. They will also shuttle guests to restaurants, etc. between runs to and from the airport. They offer continental breakfast and free internet in the lobby. The pool is quite nice also.

We were signed up for the 11am shuttle to the Caribbean Princess and we left on time. Be sure as the other poster said to sign up as soon as you arrive at the hotel. They can take a fair amount of people and luggage.

Enjoy your cruise, we love this ship. Try to catch one of Bert Stratton's shows at Crooner's lounge, he is not to be missed.

Archived