Problems with booking a cabin for 3 on Harmony of the seas?,

I have tried to get a price for a cabin for 3 persons on 29th May sailing.It says that I am unable to book at the moment.I tried last night,no joy so though it was a system error...this morning when I got up for work it gave me a price.I didn't have time to book as I was going to work so thought I would book tonight...now showing unable to book!

I have called RCL and they said they will probably release empire 3 berth cabins...so annoying.There is tonnes of availability for 2 person cabins,,..might have to take my Mum so she can share with our 12 year old.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

I have tried to get a price for a cabin for 3 persons on 29th May sailing.It says that I am unable to book at the moment.I tried last night,no joy so though it was a system error...this morning when I got up for work it gave me a price.I didn't have time to book as I was going to work so thought I would book tonight...now showing unable to book!

I have called RCL and they said they will probably release empire 3 berth cabins...so annoying.There is tonnes of availability for 2 person cabins,,..might have to take my Mum so she can share with our 12 year old.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

This happens quite frequently. Since the 3rd/4th occupant rate is less than the 1st/2nd, the line tries to sell out all the cabins with two occupants. There are more "berths" on the ship than lifeboat capacity to allow 3rd/4th occupants in various cabin categories. When bookings get to the point where if all cabins sell out at double occupancy, they will stop allowing bookings for 3rd/4th occupants. Closer to sailing, they sometimes release the hold on 3rd/4th bookings.

• 7 months later...

Called Royal Caribbean they told me they are not allowing it for safety reasons as all the 3/4 cabins are booked. The ship is half empty as it was an extra cruise put on and you have to find your way back from a different port than what it starts from. They are clearly blocking out all cabins with extra beds in them.

Clearly it is an attempt to make you book2 cabins as the price is really, really good.