Breakaway Questions-Many kid related

rustyroo

Hi. Thinking of cruising next April with DH and 2 kids who will be just 3 and 6.5 at the time.

Will the kids have enough to do? Was planning on doing Disney, but would be so nice not to have to fly down to Florida!

How are the Nickelodeon activities?

Also does anyone have kids menus for the MDR? Haven't seen any anywhere.

I'm hoping the older one will enjoy the kids club. Any feedback for that age group?

Can we reserve the MDR each night if we just want to eat there nice and early each night?

Also we are looking into a balcony cabin. Do the rooms have privacy curtains between the bed areas?

Thanks!

1) the 6 1/2 will have plenty to do in the camp, My kids had a blast. They were in that age group 6-9 as well...

2) the 3 yo, would prob be with you guys most of the day

3) NCL did not resign with Nickelodeon, all the nick themes and characters will be removed from NCL by late fall this year.

4) MDR kids choices are the usual gastronomic misses, Chicken tenders, Mac & orange colored cheese, hamburger, pizza ect... (i will see if i still have a copy to upload)

5) We did the same MDR 5 or the 7 nights with the kids. Never had to wait longer than 5 min for a table (we always ate between 5:45 - 6:00pm)

6) I do not recall seeing privacy curtain between the beds. we also had a balcony.

There is no privacy curtain but we used a cheap blackout curtain from target and several magnet hooks to create one between the bed and sofa, where our 1.5 yr old slept. The ceilings are magnetic and it worked well so we could use the balcony or watch a movie on the tablet (with a splitter and headphones) while our son slept. It was easy to take down and stash in the closet as well.

There is no privacy curtain but we used a cheap blackout curtain from target and several magnet hooks to create one between the bed and sofa, where our 1.5 yr old slept. The ceilings are magnetic and it worked well so we could use the balcony or watch a movie on the tablet (with a splitter and headphones) while our son slept. It was easy to take down and stash in the closet as well.

Was thinking of doing this for our son and his family's cabin, with the magnets and curtain. Did this work well? What kind of blackout curtain did you get and the hooks that you speak of- are they ones that you would get to hang thins on your refrigerator?

Was thinking of doing this for our son and his family's cabin, with the magnets and curtain. Did this work well? What kind of blackout curtain did you get and the hooks that you speak of- are they ones that you would get to hang thins on your refrigerator?

It was a target brand blackout curtain that was on clearance. It worked pretty well but in an ideal world I would have gotten 2 panels since the one panel was a bit narrow.

The hooks were from amazon. I got double the amount I thought I'd need because I didn't trust the description saying how much weight each hook could hold. I ended up buying a third pack after I saw the other 2 and was glad I did because the magnets were pretty weak. If I were to do this over again I would go to home depot and take a look at the different kinds they had to see if they were stronger.

That said, it did work well. Although the curtain panel was narrower than we would have liked, it provided enough coverage so that it blocked my son's view of any light coming from the tablet or kindle. We couldn't watch the TV with such a narrow curtain though. I'd say it covered the top third of our bed, which was fine for us.

Ncl did not extend their agreement with Nick....so that is gone

A 1 day stop in Disney with kids your ages will be a nightmare.....they will not want to leave!!!! But you will have to and they absolutely will not get on their favorite themed rides....Peter pan...7 dwarfs....

And finally if you do opt for the 1 day tour.....I guarantee you will immediately start planning for a week long trip to Disney

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I will be on this cruise from NY to Bermuda the end of Sept. Do you think Nickelodeon and the PJ Jam breakfast still be going on? This is our first cruise so I am not familiar either on what to do with my 3 year old daughter so I was really hoping to do that with her. I am assuming we take her and join them for the breakfast as well? If anybody also has any recommendations as to what to do with her also when we are in Bermuda will be greatly appreciated also. We chose this instead of Disney also due to the cost of the flights.

My husband and I will be on this cruise from NY to Bermuda the end of Sept. Do you think Nickelodeon and the PJ Jam breakfast still be going on? This is our first cruise so I am not familiar either on what to do with my 3 year old daughter so I was really hoping to do that with her. I am assuming we take her and join them for the breakfast as well? If anybody also has any recommendations as to what to do with her also when we are in Bermuda will be greatly appreciated also. We chose this instead of Disney also due to the cost of the flights.

The Nick activities will be on the Breakaway until January 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going on the Breakaway in the end of August. Our youngest child is only 2 years old. I am getting nervous about what and where she can go on the boat. I heard she is not allowed in the kids pool or the aqua park, b/c she is not toilet trained yet. Has anyone traveled with a child this young on this ship? Do you have any advice? Has anyone done the mommy and me activities in the kids program with their toddler?