Question on NCL Mastercard: $100 discount/$100 OBC

HowardK

Hello, since I have a few BOA cards already, I was going to go online to obtain the NCL one as the application is easy from my account and I wouldn't have to type in my social security or birthday (as it is already within their own system).

After making the first purchase you get 10,000 points which can give you either a $100 OBC or $100 of your fare.

For those of you that have done this, is the $100 something you can apply via your initial reservation via a code, or would you have to do this on the phone?

Also, about how long does it take from the first purchase to get your 10,000 points?

I would be cruising next in mid-October, and it says 8-12 weeks to appear, so potentially there is no advantage for me to rush into this as I might be too late for this year.

Thanks

[quote name='HowardK']Hello, since I have a few BOA cards already, I was going to go online to obtain the NCL one as the application is easy from my account and I wouldn't have to type in my social security or birthday (as it is already within their own system).

After making the first purchase you get 10,000 points which can give you either a $100 OBC or $100 of your fare.

For those of you that have done this, is the $100 something you can apply via your initial reservation via a code, or would you have to do this on the phone?

Also, about how long does it take from the first purchase to get your 10,000 points?

I would be cruising next in mid-October, and it says 8-12 weeks to appear, so potentially there is no advantage for me to rush into this as I might be too late for this year.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

For us (both my husband and I applied for the card), the 10000 points were posted in the statement following the one that had the purchase. To redeem for $100 OBC, I called NCL and they applied it to an existing reservation. The same for the $100 OBC from hubby's card applied to another existing reservation. Much easier than I thought it would be.

I also had another BOA card that has not been used for awhile. BOA closed that account when they issued the NCL card.

Interesting side item: I have an amenity invoice from NCL for our cruise this September (which is the second cruise that we applied the OBC) and it shows two $100 OBCs, one in each name. I am anxious to see what will really be posted once we are on the cruise. Edited by pizzalady1

• 5 months later...
I just wanted to add that I got the NCL card last October. We use it to pay almost everything that we would ever us a credit for and then pay it off every month. We were able to accumulate enough points to get $600 off our next cruise. It was just a quick phone call to the NCL Rewards number (provided on your rewards statement online) and they credited it to the currently booked cruise. It was super easy and there is no annual fee either. Best deal ever. :)