Long Beach Hotels

Happy2cruise

Looking for an October precruise hotel in Long Beach near the cruiseport, any suggestions or recommendations (good or bad)?

Received a good rate from the BestWestern Long Beach. They are near the cruiseport, continental breakfast, not sure about a shuttle. Anyone have any knowledge of this hotel?

Any priceline/Hotwire suggestions? Any and all help, suggestions or recommendations greatly appreciated as we've never stayed in Long Beach before and need all the help we can get!

If you are interested in ships, it's interesting to stay at the Queen Mary Hotel at least once. It shows you what it used to be like to sail on a transatlantic liner. The engine room was particularly interesting. If you are staying in the hotel, there is no charge for entrance into those parts of the ship for the self-guided tour. I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and found the tour interesting enough that it took more than the morning, and I didn't get to Diamond Princess until after lunch.

Alan Wilson

Cruise News Daily

I believe the Sheraton Long Beach has a sleep/breakfast/park/get you to and from deal for about $150.

seafille

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 04/04

Happy2cruise,

I'm also looking for a precruise hotel in Long Beach. We cruise the Diamond on Oct 30 - when do you go? We fly into LAX and would like to stay near the port also. So far I've looked at Westin Long Beach and Hilton. I would also like some recommendations. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you.

Island Princess Nov 2003

Diamond Princess Oct 2004

Hi,

We are going on the Diamond Princess 4/17 sailing and will be flying into LAX on Friday, 4/16. We have booked a room at the Marina Hotel, San Pedro for $75.00 from priceline. If you can wait until I return before booking your hotel, I give a thumbs up/down reply.

Finding recommendations in S.Cal is not like finding out info for FL or San Juan.

Good Luck

Hi Hornet, we are going 10/9. We did the Mexican Riveria before on the Star and enjoyed it. Wanted to sail the Diamond so decided to do it again. Last time we sailed from San Pedro and got a great deal thru Priceline. But now sailing out of Long Beach, need help as I'm sure a lot of other cruisers will too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hornet:

Happy2cruise,

I'm also looking for a precruise hotel in Long Beach. We cruise the Diamond on Oct 30 - when do you go? We fly into LAX and would like to stay near the port also. So far I've looked at Westin Long Beach and Hilton. I would also like some recommendations. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you.

Island Princess Nov 2003

Diamond Princess Oct 2004<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Donap, we stayed there the last time we did the Mexican Rivera. I'm very confident you will be happy with it, we were. It sits right on the Marina and you can dine (lunch or dinner) on the patio overlooking all the sailboats docked there. Our room overlooked the pool area, with a king size bed, couch, desk and was very, very clean. The hotel staff was more than helpful and friendly in fact the hotel van took us to a supermarket to purchase bottled water for our cruise and they have a shuttle to the San Pedro pier. We would definitely stay there again, but the Diamond in October is sailing out of Long Beach. Have a great cruise and hope you enjoy the hotel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donap:

Hi,

We are going on the Diamond Princess 4/17 sailing and will be flying into LAX on Friday, 4/16. We have booked a room at the Marina Hotel, San Pedro for $75.00 from priceline. If you can wait until I return before booking your hotel, I give a thumbs up/down reply.

Finding recommendations in S.Cal is not like finding out info for FL or San Juan.

Good Luck<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We just came back from the Diamond which initially we were told was leaving from Long Beach and not San Pedro. I booked the Coast Long Beach Hotel (next to the Queen Mary)--and it was along the beach, within walking distance to the Queen Mary and Carnival cruise ship terminal. Had a free shuttle into Long Beach which was fun! I think if the Princess leaves from Long Beach they will have a free shuttle to the ship (that is what they told us when we booked). Although the Diamond left from San Pedro--it was a short taxi ride (about 5 to 10 minutes).

Archived