Things I read about the Sky that did not prove to be an issue

Our first NCL cruise was on the Sky and we had a great time. I found some of the public areas very elegant and enjoyed the dining rooms, too. Like you, OP, we had a big group of 15-year-old girls but they did their thing and we did ours! :) I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Sky again.

Heather

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on several cruises and read bad things about all of them, I never pay attention to a bad review. In my opinion the people who write bad reviews would not be happy if they washed the sheets, made their own beds, cleaned their bathrooms, cooked their own food and served it. Some people complain regardless, and I have run into a few of them in my travels. I have always enjoyed the cruises I have taken, why, because I wanted to enjoy myself, thats the whole purpose of taking a cruise. Some people are miserable and want everyone else to be miserable with them. I feel sorry for them but I won't let them influence my happiness.

Just my thoughts on the bad reviews.

I will be back on the sky for the second time in Oct. I am so looking forward to having a wonderful time once again :)

BuzzMan, your reply should be a sticky for all readers of CC. I love doing my research before taking a cruise, but there have been times when I've read things on CC that have so colored my expectations that I wish I'd never laid eyes on the reviews.

But like you say: haters got to hate! I take your advice and just recognize that there is no pleasing some people and that critical people are just louder in their protests than the majority that have a great time on ship but leave no positive comment.

Can anyone who has recently done the Freeport stop tell me whether or not the little food and gift shacks are still across the 'tarmac' from where the Sky docks?

Thanks ! :)

As of mid-May, they were there. We did not get off the ship, however, so only saw them from the deck.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on several cruises and read bad things about all of them, I never pay attention to a bad review. In my opinion the people who write bad reviews would not be happy if they washed the sheets, made their own beds, cleaned their bathrooms, cooked their own food and served it. Some people complain regardless, and I have run into a few of them in my travels. I have always enjoyed the cruises I have taken, why, because I wanted to enjoy myself, thats the whole purpose of taking a cruise. Some people are miserable and want everyone else to be miserable with them. I feel sorry for them but I won't let them influence my happiness.

Just my thoughts on the bad reviews.

I will be back on the sky for the second time in Oct. I am so looking forward to having a wonderful time once again :)

when are you cruising, we are on the October 23 Country Music Charter