Conquest Oct. 31 - Any Halloween Parties?

Rickgina

Hi, embarking on the Conquest on October 31st in Ft. Lauderdale for an 8-day Southern Carribean itinerary. Does Carnival recognize Hallowen and plan costume parties and such? Would be a fun way to start the trip. Thanks

Hi, embarking on the Conquest on October 31st in Ft. Lauderdale for an 8-day Southern Carribean itinerary. Does Carnival recognize Hallowen and plan costume parties and such? Would be a fun way to start the trip. Thanks

There will be a huge costume party and contest in the evening and special events throughout the day. You will also get a special dessert at dinner.

I LOVE HALLOWEEN CRUISES!! There are plain & simple costumes and then there are those who "go all out". Its so cool seeing all the costumes and such a full costume party. You will not be let down. Have full and be creative!! (We always decorate our door too)

We went on a cruise over Halloween on the Splendor and it was so much fun. The majority of cruisers dressed in costume and some went all out. The ship was decorated, had costume party and kids trick or treat scavenger hunt. Special dessert in MDR and lots of Halloween themed photo backdrops around the ship. Enjoy it!

• 3 weeks later...

Help, new to cruise critic and trying to post a question regarding tour. Am making arrangements for husband and I to take a private tour in Curaçao . There is room for 2 additional people. We will visit historical sits and the synagogue. Any one interested? $50/pp for 4 hours. I tried to post elsewhere and could not.

Halloween should be fun,too

I'm so hoping they have ours decorated. We leave Oct 26 and get back Oct 31! Crossing my fingers we get to celebrate onboard. Can't find any clear info on it.

It's unclear at this time when Halloween will be observed on those ships that are embarking/debarking on the 31st. Several years ago Carnival quit decorating in advance of the holiday and the decorations were always removed the next early morning.

It will probably be left up to the Hotel Director to determine whether or not to move the celebration on turnaround day.

My guess is if you are getting off the ship on the 31st you probably won't see any decorations. For embarking guests that's a hard one since luggage won't necessarily be there and they won't have time to put up the inflatables, and the costume contest would conflict with the welcome aboard show.

I'm guessing they would do it on the 1st.

Here is a photo of our cabin door on the Conquest Halloween 2012 cruise. It the door looks larger than normal, that's because it really is. We booked late and the only Grand Suite they had available was a handicapped accessible room (7-228).

Cabin_Door.jpg