Magic 2nd Dry Dock in 3 years?

coldflame

The duck tails does indeed do all the things ccruising said and also adds to the stability of the vessel.

HI Mokismommy,

No they did not add a 6th engine (no space among other things) and repairs are some times needed at sea. I would doubt 2 mains were totally down and still let her make 18 knots. They may have been running at a reduced power but not fully down.

AKK

The duck tails does indeed do all the things ccruising said and also adds to the stability of the vessel.

HI Mokismommy' date='

No they did not add a 6th engine (no space among other things) and repairs are some times needed at sea. I would doubt 2 mains were totally down and still let her make 18 knots. They may have been running at a reduced power but not fully down.

AKK[/quote']

Tonka's Skipper....it was many years ago. I remember seeing Frederick (head engineer) literally running toward the aft portion of the ship and later the captain's announcements and the early departure from Castaway with the explanation that the attempted repair had been unsuccessful, the ship was totally safe as she had 5 engines, etc. Other than the early departure from Castaway, there was no guest impact that I could discern. The 18 knots was what the Captain stated our max could be on the way back as I remember it....but memory could be faulty I guess.

Thanks for being clear on duck tail.

Tonka's Skipper....it was many years ago. I remember seeing Frederick (head engineer) literally running toward the aft portion of the ship and later the captain's announcements and the early departure from Castaway with the explanation that the attempted repair had been unsuccessful' date=' the ship was totally safe as she had 5 engines, etc. Other than the early departure from Castaway, there was no guest impact that I could discern. The 18 knots was what the Captain stated our max could be on the way back as I remember it....but memory could be faulty I guess.

Thanks for being clear on duck tail.[/quote']

Hi MokiM

No problem, I just wanted to mention the engine thing really.:)

AKK

Hi MokiM

No problem' date=' I just wanted to mention the engine thing really.:)

AKK[/quote']

Hi Skipper,

Regarding the engine failures Moki'smommy mentioned, I wonder if one was off line for maintenance/repair when another failed? As we both know, gen set's can be a B word sometimes!

And as for the deck 7 area, maybe the CM explained it wrong and they installed additional back up gen sets to keep essential services running? I remember there being a large emergency back up battery bank below on deck 4 behind Animators.

Your thoughts appreciated as always.

ex techie

On our last cruise, we were on deck 7 aft. The door to the former secret deck 7 was open a good deal of the time with CMs coming and going, and I needed to walk past it to get to the laundry room.

I have no idea what the equipment was--just big, heavy looking mechanical stuff.

While I understand why deck 7 was not a well functioning guest area (at least some of the time), it was sad that it had to go.

On our last cruise' date=' we were on deck 7 aft. The door to the former secret deck 7 was open a good deal of the time with CMs coming and going, and I needed to walk past it to get to the laundry room.

I have no idea what the equipment was--just big, heavy looking mechanical stuff.

While I understand why deck 7 was not a well functioning guest area (at least some of the time), it was sad that it had to go.[/quote']

Was the equipment running?

The only other thought I had was maybe additional pumps and water treatment since they added the Aqua Dunk.

Most electrical and mechanical spaces are made a small as possible when a ship is designed as space is at a very high premium, additional space for future expansion is very rare unless that space cannot be used otherwise.

ex techie

I didn't notice anything making noise on what was deck 7, but obviously I got a very limited look thru a door. There was a lot of "coming and going" by CMs there. That's why they propped the door open (I've never seen anything where a guest could have walked into a working area before, but I'm guessing there were CMs inside to kick them out if they approached!) Sorry, I really couldn't tell what it was.

Tom McAlpin had some well chosen words for the Imagineers in 2005. Was he jealous of them also? Or was he just being realistic? Or ???

I have no idea who that is, so I had to look him up. Sounds like the first executive in charge of DCL until he was fired in 2009. What were his words in 2005 that you're referring to?