Trying to understand the new UDP options...

Lobbylin

Can someone confirm that the $30 fee to dine in Cagneys includes or excludes the 18% gratuity, so I can make a fair comparison of the costs between the various dining packages and just booking direct...

Thanks

Can someone confirm that the $30 fee to dine in Cagneys includes or excludes the 18% gratuity, so I can make a fair comparison of the costs between the various dining packages and just booking direct...

Thanks

None of the per fee restaurant surcharges includes the 18%.

Sent from my iPad

Thanks Okmyx, I must be out of touch as I don't recall 18% being added to my speciality dining checks when I was on the NCL Jade just 7 months ago, so we did tip the servers. Does this mean the servers GET this 18% now?

Much appreciated....

Edited by Lobbylin

Thanks Okmyx, I must be out of touch as I don't recall 18% being added to my speciality dining checks when I was on the NCL Jade just 7 months ago, so we did tip the servers. Does this mean the servers GET this 18% now?

The 18% auto-gratuity to speciality dining was added in March around the same time as the service charges were last raised.

At the same time speciality restaurant waiters were supposedly removed from DSC pool meaning that new, raised service charges would be divided among fewer people than before. But as said, this is assumption because even NCL can't be consistent in their communications about the matter - nobody outside NCL can't tell where the auto-gratuities and DSC go.

Edited by Demonyte