PHOTO REVIEW~Freedom, the 4th, and my 40th!

Martini Mom

What's the perfect follow up to the perfect drinks? The Serenity Deck! It was virtually empty and magical. I say magical a few times in this review. For us, magical is a beautiful, relaxing and simple moment. It's that calm that just washes over you and makes you smile.

Many complain that the spas are too cold, but for his MS they were perfect :) Warm, but not too hot. We also met a retired high school principal and her husband who was retired from law enforcement. We had a great discussion. Other than them, it was a ghost town up there.

c5417a27-b49d-4b49-b4ce-cb8d92da6968_zpsyrl1lj5m.jpg

227fd6aa-e7c5-48cb-82f3-8d3a0a048907_zpsij7jf5e1.jpg

e31e99ea-fa8b-45b3-b375-765907b5bf86_zpsefhfuequ.jpg

fba7fabc-4d7d-4098-8824-f32a045e63df_zpsqbgj85ro.jpg

Time for our first port, Roatan, Honduras! For the first time ever, we're actually having such a good time that we aren't wanting to get off the ship. That's only because we have no clue what beauty awaits!

We purchased an excursion through a private vendor because of recommendations here and other "advisor" websites. BEST. DECISION. EVER!!!! Seriously, we had a GREAT day here and Mike even rates it above Orient Beach, St. Martin and St. John island (off St. Thomas). It really was SO beautiful and I could spend forever there. Where did we go? Little French Key. It's an island off of Roatan. DON'T be confused by the Carnival excursion to Big French Key. It's NOTHING like this! Totally different! We bought this package:

$88 per person includes the following: little french key

1. Entrance and a comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

2. Great and delicious Fresh island Style Lunch served on the private island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mignon, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated Chicken Breast, fresh homemade Yucca Chips, fresh homemade Salsa, Rice and Beans and Island Salad

3. 2 drinks of your choice

4. Use of all our facilities and all non-motorized equipment such as snorkeling equipment, Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chaise lounges, etc……

5. Guided Tour of our Private Zoo with friendly and tamed Monkeys, Macaws Parrots, Toucan and Jaguar Cubs, Island Rabbit and Island Deer.

6. Round trip transportation to and from our facilities.

We walked off the ship and then walked a while to meet the vendors. You can take a taxi if needed. We then boarded an a/c van for the ride to the ferry. It was nice to see how the locals live. Then they dropped us off at Frenchy's 44, a very nice resort style restaurant with nice restrooms. We paid our fee, waited for our ferry, and waited out the rain. We got our color coded wrist bands, based on which package we chose, and boarded the ferries for the short ride to Little French Key. It was raining pretty steady, but I know that rain in tropical locations is often short-lived, so no worries.

The ferry

c81f7c1f-5980-4308-af6e-88e2b4b16d7c_zpsjdeg2bh8.jpg

Looking back from the ferry to Frenchy's

20150707_093656_zpsdmo94zqi.jpg

And then we pull up here. Seriously!!?? So beautiful!

20150707_094102_zpspe5b5i7m.jpg

Sounds like you're not having much luck with fried food at all! About ten years ago I got to a point where fried food that's even the slightest bit oily doesn't sit well, so I can certainly feel your pain at having to pass it all up.

I wanted to try their local beer. It was pretty like any other light beer. Since we had 2 drink coupons each, we wanted to save them fro the higher priced cocktails later. We just wanted 2 beers (at $5 each), but nobody could break a $20, so we bought 4 beers and called it good.

20150707_100836_zpsfihiwdwv.jpg

We even went to the little gift shop, but there wasn't anything there we wanted.

20150707_102117_zpsx7pf3jcs.jpg

Selfie time with the amazing water!

20150707_101359_zpsxfksbee1.jpg

Sounds like you're not having much luck with fried food at all! About ten years ago I got to a point where fried food that's even the slightest bit oily doesn't sit well, so I can certainly feel your pain at having to pass it all up.

We eat pretty clean at home, but we decided to let loose a little on the cruise. That said, it still needs to taste good. This was just junk.

So I have to ask: were the many people at Little French Key? Because it looks pretty empty in your pics, and I saw the same in someone else's review recently. I'm going to be in Roatan on my 40th birthday next year, and was thinking of renting a private cabana through Carnival. But that would be $225 for my husband and myself and doesn't include lunch. This seems like a much better deal if it's not crowded.

So I have to ask: were the many people at Little French Key? Because it looks pretty empty in your pics, and I saw the same in someone else's review recently. I'm going to be in Roatan on my 40th birthday next year, and was thinking of renting a private cabana through Carnival. But that would be $225 for my husband and myself and doesn't include lunch. This seems like a much better deal if it's not crowded.

LFK only allows 100 people on their island at a time. It was never crowded. It felt like we were rich and famous ;). I HIGHLY,100%, COMPLETELY, recommend this place!!!! Seriously. You won't be disappointed. I haven't even posted all of the amazing ocean and food pics yet :)

LFK only allows 100 people on their island at a time. It was never crowded. It felt like we were rich and famous ;). I HIGHLY,100%, COMPLETELY, recommend this place!!!! Seriously. You won't be disappointed. I haven't even posted all of the amazing ocean and food pics yet :)

I think you have sold me on it! Thanks! [emoji4]

Little French Key. Roatan, Honduras.

20150707_100155_zpspfsiytst.jpg

Around the island....

20150707_103341_zpsrtqa4od3.jpg

Then I held the Spider and Capuchin Monkeys! I wasn't planning on it, but it just kind of happened. The Spider Monkey loved using my sarong as a jungle gym :)

96dd6e23-74a7-4735-a94c-72d88eee3535_zpspdab5eut.jpg

0864a9f3-7361-4038-b810-37f98fc73bf1_zpsvm8dpbaq.jpg

21b87f1e-5d45-425a-8125-ef7536b851d5_zpsvwwj5y1h.jpg

Simba the jaguar is available to swim and take pics with for about $35. No matter how tame he is, I never trust wild animals. I chose to admire his beauty from a distance, through a zoom lens. That's just me.

20150707_121048_zpsam2ekk4i.jpg

20150707_121241_zpsrs1utxzw.jpg

They also have a rescued lion on the premises

20150707_132218_zpsx14ullae.jpg

Time for lunch, included in our package, served whenever we want! :)

DELICIOUS lunch! Lobster, shrimp, beef, beets, yucca chips, etc. SO GOOD!

20150707_121739_zpsi0hczotk.jpg

Can't say enough, I'm really enjoying the review! Great job!:)

That lunch looks really tasty!

Unfortunately, after 40 years of eating shrimp, crab, and lobster, I have suddenly become allergic.

Question: Does the lunch plate automatically come with shellfish or did you specifically order the various items off a menu?

Can't say enough, I'm really enjoying the review! Great job!:)

That lunch looks really tasty!

Unfortunately, after 40 years of eating shrimp, crab, and lobster, I have suddenly become allergic.

Question: Does the lunch plate automatically come with shellfish or did you specifically order the various items off a menu?

Thanks for reading my review :)

This is the standard plate, but they said you could customize it to whatever you wanted. I heard one woman doing just that.

Enjoying your review. I know they are very time consuming so thanks for taking the time to share your trip with all of us on CC. Little French Key looks amazing. Is there only one vendor that goes there besides the one that Carnival offers!

Susan

If you want more drinks than your package includes, here are the prices

20150707_122335_zpsrhyleymp.jpg

Saying goodbye to my monkey friends

20150707_132334_zpsytcooq5j.jpg

A few last pics before we leave. Yes! He's wearing clothes

20150707_131948_zpshm2a4tie.jpg

I. Do. Not. Want. To. Leave LFK!! :(

We grabbed a drink at the pier,

20150707_144009_zps9ey0xowp.jpg

20150707_145603_zpsyrehsgqa.jpg