Time from port of La Spezia to Pisa?

Meekins

Hi!

We are debating a Pisa on your Own excursion through RCI for our upcoming cruise, but would like to book tickets to climb the tower as well.

Does anyone know how long the trip is from port of La Spezia to Pisa? The excursion bus would leave at 9:15am....but time in Pisa will be limited I assume since the total excursion time is only 3.5 hours....so I figure I have to carefully time the tickets to ensure they are no too close to our arrival time, but the next closest time to be sure we can climb before it is time to go back to the port.

I know there is a DIY option via train, but work is so busy right now I am not sure I have the time or energy right now to plan that out before we leave.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Goggle maps says 58 minutes travel time. So a climbing time at 10:45 is probably safe. At 3.5 hours, they're giving you 1.5 hours in Pisa. Not much

Thanks so much - you are right that 1.5 hours is not long at all in Pisa. We had hoped to look at/in some of the other buildings while there so maybe we are better to do the DIY to Pisa since we have 12 hours in port that day. I appreciate your reply :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hope these help, we are going to do Pisa on our own these are the time tables for the trains.[ATTACH]356671[/ATTACH][ATTACH]356672[/ATTACH]

Do we have to pre book these tickets? Can I buy these in advance? Also how do you book tickets to climb the Pisa.

Radders we are on the same cruise as you - you mentioned in another post regarding Rome. I have been looking at the Segway Tours, which start at 10am is it doable to get into Rome early for around 9.15am from Civitavecchia?

Why not do it solo really quite easy . Take taxi from cruise port in La Spezia to La Spezia Centrale station . Dep La Spezia Centrale 1020 arrive Pisa Rossore 1123 . Depart Pisa Rossore 1544 La Spezia Centrale Arr 1645

Pisa Rossore is nearest station to the tower, short walk or taxi .

You must pre book on line from home as numbers are limited and date and time specific . You can book from 30 days in advance via Official Leaning Tower website . Only 30 let in every 15 minutes and often sold out days in advance so do not just turn up or you may well be dissapointed. You print out voucher at home. On arrival at Tower well in advance of your time you will be directed to ticket office where your voucher is exchanged for entry tickets and you must be there at the Tower 10 minutes in advance of your time. No late admissions .