Was there ever a cruise before message boards were created?

fig414

I am cuising for the first time in 3 and one half years(my 4th). I think I researched the last cruise but to what length I can't remember. I found this site 2 months ago when I booked and have totally enjoyed it for the many things I have learned. Here goes.

The questions some people ask crack me up. I love the questions, no matter how insignifcant to me, are asked. The responses (or comments) sometimes make me want to puke. People calling people dimwits for instance. There are some instances when people deserve a comment like this but it should be reserved for an idiotic statement not an opinion. There are threads tonight that are screaming for instantaneous reviews about Caribbean Princess' first trip. To quote: "where are they", "why hasn't anyone responded" "thank God someone answered".

I think my point is I'm gonna have a great time on my cruise. So many people look for the negative. For instance: "the big movie screen is horrible and discusting, it will ruin my cruise" "you have to wear a dark suit on formal night" etc(I'm wearing a damn white jacket outfit, something about packing my wife says).

I love the info I get from the internet but it comes to a point where I have to say, enough is enough. I was so awestruck by my first cruise 13 years ago I sometimes wish we could just return to that time without the information overload. I'm only 47 and didn't cruise in the time of Titanic. Sorry for the vent.

Fig

Caribbean Princess 5/15

Fig,

There is so much to learn here on CC. Some threads are just funny, some ridiculous, so just skip them and read what has info in it. Move on if a thread turns bad!

It's okay to vent a bit, but no need to quit checking out CC, just skip the bad ones.

Nita

If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody starts a thread or posts a poll, does it make a sound? icon_wink.gif

I'm an addict, I know. I love this board -- I visit every day. I know it has saved me hundreds of dollars, and more importantly saved me from lots of bad choices.

Thanks to all of you!

Robin

Carnival Paradise 05/04/03

Carnival Victory 07/07/03

Star Princess 04/22/04

"before message boards were created?"

I can only remember back to the time of Columbus. For his cruise to America they used newspapers for the cruisecritics groups. The American Indians used smoke signs. Mind readers use ESP. Africans used drums. English used tea leaves. In the future reuoia will be used (has not been invented yet by Gore)

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

Archived