Great Cruise on Carnival Paradise

djcass4199

We just came home from a quick 4-day cruise on the Carnival Paradise leaving July 16 and returning today. Was travelling with my wife and in-laws. Drove to Tampa on July 15 and stayed at Hampton Inn Ybor City. We did the park and cruise which was great.

Embarkation from Tampa was easy. We were booked under my in-laws credit card and they are Platinum so we got to sit in the Platinum section. I believe we were on-board by 11:30 and having lunch shortly thereafter.

Ship was clean and in great shape. Didn't see worn carpets or rust or any of the problems some other posters have mentioned. Then again, I think Paradise was just dry docked in March. Food was excellent, including dining room service which we had early seating in the Elation Dining Room. Food always came out hot and as always menu choices were very good. No American Table menus as they are still on the old menus. We became good friends with our table mates and will be keeping in touch. We ate at the Mongolian Wok (always good) and Pizza Pirate, which was better than I expected; I think they changed the recipe for the pizza. Very yummy. Deli was good as was the grill. Seaday Brunch is always good.

Entertainment was very good. 2 great comedians. Two of the older production shows, 8 More Seconds and Shout!, and also Calvyn's Game of Love. Calvyn Martens was the CD, filling in for Steve Cassel who is on vacationing. He was always visible and remembered our names. Highlight of entertainment for us was the #Raptorpack band that played every night on Promenade. They were great!!!!

All in all, a great cruise. Definitely much different going to Paradise having just gotten off the Breeze and not having Guys and Cucina and the awesome Lanai. We had a very good time and it was a great short getaway.

One other thing I forgot to mention. We were talking with the Loyalty Desk gentlemen and he confirmed in the future cruise presentation that the Miracle is definitely coming to Tampa in 2017 and just needs to be announced.

He also mentioned that it is heavily expected that Splendor is going back to LA and that it will be in the way of another 48 day South Africa repo cruise and not through the Panama Canal when the expansions are done.

He then said that the word on the street in Miami is that it will sail for a period from LA and then go to dry dock in Singapore to be sold back to Costa and refitted for Costa and stripped of Carnival fittings. But that was a rumor.

One other thing I forgot to mention. We were talking with the Loyalty Desk gentlemen and he confirmed in the future cruise presentation that the Miracle is definitely coming to Tampa in 2017 and just needs to be announced.

He also mentioned that it is heavily expected that Splendor is going back to LA and that it will be in the way of another 48 day South Africa repo cruise and not through the Panama Canal when the expansions are done.

He then said that the word on the street in Miami is that it will sail for a period from LA and then go to dry dock in Singapore to be sold back to Costa and refitted for Costa and stripped of Carnival fittings. But that was a rumor.

I love the Miracle too. Love the pool decks. Another great ship. I even love the grapes: The Bacchus Dining Room is my favorite to date (and the food we had there in 2008 was probably the best MDR meals we've ever had on Carnival). Sadly, in my opinion, Carnival's food has slipped considerably since 2008. Oh well....:(

family cruise with grandkids, food was not that great, smoking areas on boat inside I did not like. Older boat and would not take this ship again.

Fair enough. We had a great time and would sail Paradise again. But I respect your opinion.

And I just noticed on my second posting that I should have said South America for the Splendor, not South Africa... oops :(

Edited by djcass4199

I sure wish they would announce it so that we can get it booked. Will be flying to LA, spending time with Larrys kids & then cruising home.

All the plans are made just need a date.

Love the Paradise, have 6 booked for this fall & we can't wait.

Do you know who the GSM was?

Char

Thanks for taking the time to review the Paradise. We have cruised on her in 2013 & 2014. Had an awesome time during each cruise. Steve Cassel was our CD and he was very interactive/outgoing with everyone on board. Paradise will be our short cruise getaway when we want to cruise even though we prefer longer cruises.

I sure wish they would announce it so that we can get it booked. Will be flying to LA, spending time with Larrys kids & then cruising home.

All the plans are made just need a date.

Love the Paradise, have 6 booked for this fall & we can't wait.

Do you know who the GSM was?

Char

If by GSM you mean Guest Services Manager, it was Le Roux. And I do remember that because every time I went past the "Senior Officers" display in the Atrium, I would say "Le Roux" in my best French accent LOL

If by GSM you mean Guest Services Manager, it was Le Roux. And I do remember that because every time I went past the "Senior Officers" display in the Atrium, I would say "Le Roux" in my best French accent LOL

I was hoping AVI would still be there. Such a nice young man he was, also his now wife i'm Francine. They were getting married this fall so I guess it hasn't happened yet LOL. :)

Thanks

Char

We just came home from a quick 4-day cruise on the Carnival Paradise leaving July 16 and returning today. Was travelling with my wife and in-laws. Drove to Tampa on July 15 and stayed at Hampton Inn Ybor City. We did the park and cruise which was great.

Embarkation from Tampa was easy. We were booked under my in-laws credit card and they are Platinum so we got to sit in the Platinum section. I believe we were on-board by 11:30 and having lunch shortly thereafter.

Ship was clean and in great shape. Didn't see worn carpets or rust or any of the problems some other posters have mentioned. Then again, I think Paradise was just dry docked in March. Food was excellent, including dining room service which we had early seating in the Elation Dining Room. Food always came out hot and as always menu choices were very good. No American Table menus as they are still on the old menus. We became good friends with our table mates and will be keeping in touch. We ate at the Mongolian Wok (always good) and Pizza Pirate, which was better than I expected; I think they changed the recipe for the pizza. Very yummy. Deli was good as was the grill. Seaday Brunch is always good.

Entertainment was very good. 2 great comedians. Two of the older production shows, 8 More Seconds and Shout!, and also Calvyn's Game of Love. Calvyn Martens was the CD, filling in for Steve Cassel who is on vacationing. He was always visible and remembered our names. Highlight of entertainment for us was the #Raptorpack band that played every night on Promenade. They were great!!!!

All in all, a great cruise. Definitely much different going to Paradise having just gotten off the Breeze and not having Guys and Cucina and the awesome Lanai. We had a very good time and it was a great short getaway.

We had the same experience. We had our family cruise the week after u (5 adults 4 child.) had a great time. It exceeded our expectations. We were on the RC Freedom of the Seas last month and the boat felt way to crowded. The

Paradise never felt that way at all. While it does not have the amenities of the

newer ships we liked that smaller feel that the Paradise had. Never had a problem finding a place by the pool. On the last sea day we didn't go out till

about 10:30am and only about one half of the chairs were taken.

Getting on and off went well (except for the rain) Would def.

cruise on her again.

.. We were talking with the Loyalty Desk gentlemen and he confirmed in the future cruise presentation that the Miracle is definitely coming to Tampa in 2017 and just needs to be announced. ..

Is that to replace Paradise or are they going back to 2 ships in Tamps?

thks

...Embarkation from Tampa was easy. We were booked under my in-laws credit card and they are Platinum so we got to sit in the Platinum section. I believe we were on-board by 11:30 and having lunch shortly thereafter...

Glad you had a great time and hope you enjoyed the boarding announcements too!

Is that to replace Paradise or are they going back to 2 ships in Tampa?

thks

We will definitely be sailing two ships for sure. The announcement will obviously be forthcoming sooner than later as certain logistics must be worked out plus the completion of the new Panama Canal section will have a major impact on what vessels will be making the transit to/from the west coast.

Glad to hear a positive review! We'll be doing a 5-day in just 10 (hopefully) short days! I was wondering about the comedians. My boyfriend and I love stand-up comedy so we will definitely be checking them out. If the comedians perform more than one adult-only show during the cruise, do they do a different set each time? Or do they keep the set pretty similar? Thanks!!!

Glad to hear a positive review! We'll be doing a 5-day in just 10 (hopefully) short days! I was wondering about the comedians. My boyfriend and I love stand-up comedy so we will definitely be checking them out. If the comedians perform more than one adult-only show during the cruise, do they do a different set each time? Or do they keep the set pretty similar? Thanks!!!

Each one does more than 1 adult show, and they basically do different sets (though, sometimes they repeat a joke or two). Sometimes they'll refer back to their previous show, and those in the audience who were there will get the "inside" joke.

We are going on the Paradise Aug 31. Do they have a band somewhere that you can do slow dancing to? What are the movies and concert films that are showing? Tell me about the production shows just what are they about?

This band on the promenade what kind of music was it? We like 60's and 70's

Best place to see a good sunset? Best place to find a lounge chair in the shade? Any hidden secrets? Last time we went on Paradise in the buffet area we found one coffee machine that seemed to have the best tasting coffee. Did you happen to notice this or were they are just as good?

What shore excursions did you do in Grand Caymen and Cozumel?

Before we went to Passion Island in Cozumel. In Grand Caymen we book a private group called Captain Marvins for the stingray tour. They are the origanal tour group from 1951. Very good. Plan to do this again.