Illusionarium on NCL Getaway

salesmansam

You'll be charged with the 25% discount. For our tickets for the premium seating, we were charged $26.54 each. Regular seats would cost you $22.12 each with the discount.

This is exactly the option I have now on myncl...22.12 or 26.54...not 10 or 15 which substantiates that UDP will get 25% off the price and its no longer free the first night.

I'm on the fence on whether I'm going to complain about it and attempt to go free the first night. If it's not free, I'm not going. I've paid enough for the cruise and I'm not interested in paying anymore "not-so-hidden" fees.

If the rep tells you no....just ask for a supervisor. I think they must be advised to tell you their policy changed and is no longer free the first night with udp but i was politely insistent and asked for a supervisor even after she told me the supervisor would tell me the same thing...she put me on hold and came back to tell me "they would waive the fee"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So, in getting the UDP, not only do we get charged for Illusionarium the first night (when we wanted to go) but we "lose" one of our dinners that night. Win-win for NCL, lose-lose for us. Stinks!

I bought a 3-meal package. Booked Illusionarium f(not for first night). Was charged a reduced rate and it DOES NOT count as room of the 3 specialty dinings. Neither does Ocean Blue where u also get a reduced price

• 3 weeks later...
I bought a 3-meal package. Booked Illusionarium f(not for first night). Was charged a reduced rate and it DOES NOT count as room of the 3 specialty dinings. Neither does Ocean Blue where u also get a reduced price

I was not aware of this. From reading other posts and the vague terms and conditions I had assumed the Illusionarium at the discounted rate (up-charge) WOULD COUNT towards one of the SDP meals. Has anyone else experienced this? For example, buy the 3 day SDP and eat at 3 speciality restaurants and also pay $10 for illusionarium on a 4th night. This would definitely add value to the SDP if you are planning doing the illusionaruim…..

• 2 months later...

Regarding my previous reply on 10/13 I was interested in the 'up-charge' venues (specifically illusionarium) not counting as one of your 'SDP' meals…. Sorry if this has been covered in one of the numurous UDP/SDP threads and may be a bit off-topic, but wanted to share what I found out and experienced today on NCL.com in case it is useful to others:

We are sailing on the getaway on 1/24:

-- Based on conversations today with TA and NCL directly, 'up charge' venues count as a meal in your SDP.

Info regarding Kids and booking speciality dining in advance:

-- Prior to purchasing the SDP online, when looking to book a speciality restaurant for our cruise, the cover price showed for each speciality restaurant for all guests on the reservation, including children. One of my questions to NCL was regarding including kids in the reservation who will be eating form the standard 'kids' menu…. I was told there was no way to do this in advance of my cruise and that I would have to pay the cover charge up front if I wanted to make a reservation that included the kids and this would be adjusted on-board if they ordered from the kids menu, unless I purchased the SDP……..

-- So, I decided to buy the 3 day SDP for myself and DW (not the kids). Once I did this, the dining reservations on NCL.com for specialty restaurants show a $0 cover charge, or "A La carte" for some (even though they will not be al la carte until February on the Getaway supposedly). Once the SDP was purchased I was also able to make reservations for up to 8 people with no upfront charge. This was useful to include others in our party not on our reservation.

-- Regarding the illusionarium, once the SDP was purchased for my wife and I, when I booked it for our family on ncl.com (floor seating), the kids were $35 as expected, and wife and I were $17 since we had the SDP.

Hopefully this is helpful to some and does't add more confusion!

So, in getting the UDP, not only do we get charged for Illusionarium the first night (when we wanted to go) but we "lose" one of our dinners that night. Win-win for NCL, lose-lose for us. Stinks!

You can still go dine elsewhere that night. We did an early and late dinner many times on our last cruise. BTW the upcharge for the Illusionarium is minimal. It covers the cost of the show more or less. Stop looking for a reason to complain and enjoy your cruise instead.

• 2 weeks later...
Granted, we were not on the UDP when we sailed on the Getaway last December, but we found it to be a good "dinner and a show" deal.

It's a fun show. We showed up less than an hour early and still had better seats (right along the stage) than some of the Haven people who showed up 15 mins before first course.

In my opinion, it's worth it.

hello iwas wondering if you saw the orginal show. if so, is this one just as good?

thanks

Good Day Fellow Cruise;

My wife and myself have a question. Have any of you every seen the original show and then seen the new show? if so, how do they compare? Which do you think is better?

Thanks In Advise

cosmo4612

You are not LOSING anything. First off with the UDP you can eat UNLIMITED times ate the specialty dining. Second you are not paying the full price of the Illusionarium, you are simply paying the portion of the cost that is allocated to the show. Stop looking for reasons to whine and complain.

We are sailing in the haven on the Getaway 2/28. Can anyone tell me if we need to make reservations in advance for dinner and shows. We have never done either before and am really not sure what to do. If we do need to reserve in advance, can someone tell me how to go about doing it.

Also, I see many conflicting answers about the magic dinner show. Can someone tell me how much it will actually cost when you have the UDP and does it have to be reserved in advance.

Thank you so much