cruising Mexico in December general ???

Seayalater

We were on the Mex Riv last Dec, a couple of weeks before Christmas. The first sea day out was very windy and chilly. 2nd sea day was a little warmer and after that, it was summer weather. Your last day at sea will be a little chilly and windy too. We wore shorts all week. The ship was always kept on the warm side.

HTH, Jill

It was cool for Mexico. 60F-70F.

The sea wasn't too bad. Not too rough. I know my information isn't precise, but it might be too cold to swim in the ocean or do any serious water sports, but it's the perfect weather to tour Mexico.

Believe me, 90F in Mexico was not pleasant. We got off the ship in Mazatlan and as soon as I stepped off the ship, my glasses fogged up, so did my camera lens!!! We took the bus from the ship to the entrance of the port, then we walked around the non-air-conditioned shops/vendors. My kids were so red-faced and sweaty that I decided to go back to the ship. I didn't want to risk heat stroke. The adults did not fare better. DH took some friends and walked into town and did some sightseeing. He did not have fun in that heat. For our Mexican Riviera cruise coming up, he says he'll just go to a resort hotel nearby and lounge around the pool sipping marguaritas.

So I suggest you plan lots of sightseeing tour for your Mexican cruise to take advantage of the cool weather.

If anyone has cruised the Mexican Rivera at Christmas, please let me know what to expect, such as weather conditions, excursions, clothes to pack?
If you haven't already, join our Roll Call (see below) for the Sapphire Princess Christmas cruise to the Mexican Riviera.

I've done the Mexican Riviera in early February and as the others have said, it was cool leaving LA but very warm in Mexico. Being in the snowy Northeast, even the "cool" LA weather was warm to us. I plan to bring a couple of oxford-type shirts to use as shirt jackets outside on the balcony and perhaps a light sweater and jacket for traveling to/from LA. Other than that, I'm bringing warm weather clothing. :)

Archived