on the triumph in 9 days - i have questions

deepfry

I heard the Triumph will not have the social package until the end of August. Saw it somewhere on John Heald's facebook page.

Yes, Aug. 29th. Bummer for me. We sail on the 24th & my DD is having a baby in Aug. Was hoping to Skype.

Yes, Aug. 29th. Bummer for me. We sail on the 24th & my DD is having a baby in Aug. Was hoping to Skype.

We used the Internet briefly as we had a little one at home too. It was so slow I can't imagine Skype being usable at all. It was dial-up slow. You forget how sloooooowww the Internet used to be - lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Leen50, all three restaurants at the Carnival dock in Cozumel have free wify, you just need to buy a drink to get the password. You can skype there [emoji1]

Thanks Granny, We are taking the rest of our family to Paradise Beach in Coz. I read that they have free WiFi too. Spoke to my ( Michigan) daughter yesterday, some contractions but not in labor yet. Wish I could be with her but booked this for our son & daughter & their families ages ago. Our granddaughters (son's girls) ages 7 & 10 are so excited for their 1st cruise. We just have to go. Flying to MI the morning after the cruise.

Even of the Triumph had the social media package. The social media package DOES NOT INCLUDE SKYPE or facetime. You need the full blown internet access for those. I have heard of some people having luck getting facetime to work but Carnival has probably closed that loop hole by now.

Leen50, congrats on your new grandchild that sounds like is on it way soon! Hopefully your daughter delivers before you leave and you will know all is well and can relax on your cruise with your other grandchildren. Have a great cruise!

Thanks All! I am hoping to bring "It's a Girl" door decorations.

Congrats on the new baby!

I was off the Triumph July 27th...I have a few pics of the ship here and there, but I don't know how to post them.

The CD was Eli Sharplin...we really enjoyed him. He interacted a lot with the cruisers. We had MDR Paris...it was great. Our waiter was really good, but cannot remember his name. We were in 8257...great room, but that's no help to you.

I'm really no help...sorry.

Congrats on the new baby!

I was off the Triumph July 27th...I have a few pics of the ship here and there, but I don't know how to post them.

The CD was Eli Sharplin...we really enjoyed him. He interacted a lot with the cruisers. We had MDR Paris...it was great. Our waiter was really good, but cannot remember his name. We were in 8257...great room, but that's no help to you.

I'm really no help...sorry.

Thanks, It will be our 3rd time on Triumph so don't worry about pix. Never had Eli as CD, glad he's good. Looks like MDR is going through some Maitre D changes. Think Elvis will be ours.