NCL Pearl - Embarkation Times in Seattle

taliho621

Does anyone know how early the porters are out to check our bags? Does it work like the Florida ports, where you drive up, they take your bags (and we tip them), and then we are on our way?

We are thinking of heading down to the pier in the morning, checking our bags and then walking over to Pikes Market. Then we will get on the ship around 2-3:00 (no rush, we will be on the boat for a week but in Seattle only for 2 days). I would like to drop the bags off around 9-10 a.m., but I just don't kow if this will work.

And I know the pier has the concierge service, but the time-saving key here is to have our bags checked in and taken care of, all right from the curb, so that when we get back, we just get into line and move along on our merry way to the ship.

As always, thanks for any info.

Does anyone know how early the porters are out to check our bags? Does it work like the Florida ports, where you drive up, they take your bags (and we tip them), and then we are on our way?

We are thinking of heading down to the pier in the morning, checking our bags and then walking over to Pikes Market. Then we will get on the ship around 2-3:00 (no rush, we will be on the boat for a week but in Seattle only for 2 days). I would like to drop the bags off around 9-10 a.m., but I just don't kow if this will work.

And I know the pier has the concierge service, but the time-saving key here is to have our bags checked in and taken care of, all right from the curb, so that when we get back, we just get into line and move along on our merry way to the ship.

As always, thanks for any info.

In June we arrived around 10:15-10:30 and the porter was right there to take our bags. Hope that helps!

I've only been there once and arrived at 10:15, at which time there were no lines. The girl at the check-in counter said the later it gets, the more crowded it becomes. We sat in the waiting area after checking in (prior to 11:30 boarding, although our cruise docs said 12), and noticed the crowds becoming heavy around 11. Therefore after you drop off your bags you might want to check in right away. At that point you can leave (we saw other people do it) and board at your leisure up until 2 hours before departure time, as stated in the cruise docs.

One thing to be aware of is that we were told they adhere to the pier arrival time you selected during online check-in, only allowing you to check in at the pier 15 minutes early.