Pending transaction from msc on account

mrsbraxton

We came back from cruise last Friday and cabin bill was paid in full on ship, that transaction has gone through on account but there's a pending transaction of €250 still there.

My husband rang msc but they can't deal with this query on phone and asked him to email instead.

Can anyone here shed any light on what this is and if funds are automatically released back etc if it's a deposit/pre auth transaction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We came back from cruise last Friday and cabin bill was paid in full on ship, that transaction has gone through on account but there's a pending transaction of €250 still there.

My husband rang msc but they can't deal with this query on phone and asked him to email instead.

Can anyone here shed any light on what this is and if funds are automatically released back etc if it's a deposit/pre auth transaction

We've had the same hold on our credit card when we returned from our last sailing. Releasing those held funds back to you is dependent on your bank and not MSC,,,we waited 3 days for our bank to release the hold on our credit card,,it differs from bank to bank however.

FYI for anyone else who wasn't sure what process is. Msc reply

We would like to advise that when all guests register a payment method on-board, the ship takes your card details and checks throughout the cruise to ensure there are enough funds available in your account to cover your final bill. Once your final bill has been paid, the pending authorisations are released by MSC Cruises.

However depending ont he type of card registered, depends on how quickly these funds become available -

Credit Cards – can take 3 to 7 days

Debit Cards – can take 10 to 14 days

Pre Card Cards – 14 to 30 days

FYI for anyone else who wasn't sure what process is. Msc reply

We would like to advise that when all guests register a payment method on-board, the ship takes your card details and checks throughout the cruise to ensure there are enough funds available in your account to cover your final bill. Once your final bill has been paid, the pending authorisations are released by MSC Cruises.

However depending ont he type of card registered, depends on how quickly these funds become available -

Credit Cards – can take 3 to 7 days

Debit Cards – can take 10 to 14 days

Pre Card Cards – 14 to 30 days

Thanks for the info MrsBraxton!!!