Favorite Cruise Line f& Not To Be Missed Stuff Cozumel

frostypenguin

It doesn't matter as far as which cruise line makes Cozumel good, they all do. You want a cruise that is in port for as long as possible, preferably starting in the early AM, like 7:00am so you can get a good start on the "not to be missed" snorkeling/scuba diving that Cozumel is famous for.

You will get lots of advice as to which cruiseline is best. I'd start with the last one you went on, if you liked it, and see which itineraries stop in Cozumel the longest. If none of the cruises offered by that line are to your liking, check the itineraries of your second choice cruise line. For me, I'd look at these four, in this order, Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Holland American. I don't really have an interest in either Carnival or NCL, buy you might.

So when are you going to show us some of your Alaska snorkeling photos?

Thanks for the info and the reminder - I've been trying to compile our 800 + photos from our trip and get them on webshots. I will try and just post the snorkeling ones, remember this was my first snorkeling adventure so I didn't get alot of photos since I was bobbing around like a cork on the water. I guess snorkeling in warmer water would be a little easier (omit the boyant wetsuit)? I have a few shots, not many of them as I can recall that came out decent (sun starfish, regular starfish, etc.)

We went with Princess and were very happy with them, we were on the Diamond which is a large ship and I noticed that most of the ships that go to Cozumel are smaller ships which is a big concern for us so I'm interested in any info on that....

I will try and post the photos this week...

We went with Princess and were very happy with them, we were on the Diamond which is a large ship and I noticed that most of the ships that go to Cozumel are smaller ships which is a big concern for us so I'm interested in any info on that.....

Actually, I think that all the biggest ships (with the exception of QM2) sail the Caribbean at least part/most of the year. All the Voyager Class ships and all the larger Princess Grand Class ships and larger Caribbean Princess sail the Caribbean. Several of the Carnival ships are very large too. I think the only major cruiseline ships I would consider "small" are some of the HAL ships.

Snorkeling or Diving is "the" thing to do in Cozumel. If you want to snorkel on a reef...I'd look at booking an independant snorkeling trip. Eagle Ray Divers is often mentioned as a good company to use. They are very helpful and maybe can keep you from "bobbing around like a cork!: :) What else not to be missed rather depends on your interests....do you want to shop, mini golf, museums, go to the beach, have a wonderful massage....there is plenty to chose from!

Archived