long vodkas

To all fellow scottish cruisers. We are on board majesty in september and my wife would like to know if they serve long vodkas. Whilst in York and Newcastle recently bar staff had never heard of them.

I'm Scottish and I've never heard of them! What else is in them?

Sorry can't get the copy and paste to put up the link but if you Google 'Long Vodka' Wikipedia describes it. Sounds nice! Sure they'd mix it for you - I sometimes ask for a Malibu and tonic to strange looks from the wine stewards (!) but after confirming that's what I want, it always arrives. (Is that a really weird drink - does anyone else ever drink it?)

Edited by kruzseeka

Here it is - from Wiki

A long vodka is vodka-based cocktail, popular throughout Scotland and known to be served in some parts of England.

A long vodka is made by adding lemonade or soda water and lime cordial to 1 or 2 shots of vodka on ice. The glass can either be rinsed (and then emptied) with Angostura bitters or 2–3 drops of are added to taste, distinguishing the drink from a vodka lime and lemonade.