Carnival Magic funship 2.0 upgrade?

Krydstosser

I believe that she is getting them but I think what I've heard was only rumors. I would expect it to since it's going to Port Canaveral and that's where it will be filling in for the Sunshine (Sunshine will be going to NYC, Norfolk, and Charleston for the summer), so in order to keep the amenities the Sunshine has, it would need to get Funship 2.0.

Curious as to the answer here as well. We are looking at and trying to decide on a cruise for next summer. The two we are considering are Magic and Splendor. Both are due for dry dock but I have not seen anywhere about what will be added during dry dock.

The one request my son has is the ship has to have Guy's Burgers. We have never cruised or not cruised on ship because of food but this is his senior HS trip so it is kinda important this time. And 18 year old boys can eat a lot!

Why does Carnival change the port for the ships if they are very similar? What is the point?

Well, The Magic is much bigger than the Sunshine and they have slight differences. They change the Home Ports of the ships to "spice it up a bit" Since no 2 ships are exactly alike, even if they are in the same class. This means different decor, different amenities, and amount of specialty restaurants. They all can add a different style to the cruise. And if you have 2 ships that have similar amenities in the same port, you can get more money by having one do a 7-day eastern Caribbean cruise that departs on (let's say) August 2nd, and then have the similar ship do a 7-Day Western Caribbean cruise that departs on (let's say) August 3rd. It's to appeal to the masses.

I read an article several weeks ago that someone had posted on here about the Carnival dry dock schedule. I don't remember who posted it. But it said the Magic would receive all 2.0 upgrades except for Guys and Blue Iguana. It said they didn't have the deck space for it.

I read an article several weeks ago that someone had posted on here about the Carnival dry dock schedule. I don't remember who posted it. But it said the Magic would receive all 2.0 upgrades except for Guys and Blue Iguana. It said they didn't have the deck space for it.

Ok - given where Guys and Blue Iguana is on the Breeze - that's a ridiculous statement. You are essentially just replacing the "Grille" with Guys (which already does burgers, etc) and the "Pizzeria" (easily moved somewhere else) with Blue Iguana.

I know you were just repeating what you had heard/seen...so I'm not shooting the messenger ;)

How come Breeze has the deck space for them?:confused:

Ok - given where Guys and Blue Iguana is on the Breeze - that's a ridiculous statement. You are essentially just replacing the "Grille" with Guys (which already does burgers, etc) and the "Pizzeria" (easily moved somewhere else) with Blue Iguana.

I know you were just repeating what you had heard/seen...so I'm not shooting the messenger ;)

Dream didn't get Guy's either. :-(

I believe Breeze was built with them, so it wasn't an upgrade. Breeze had them from the start.

Correct Breeze was built with them. But if they can make them fit on Breeze why wouldn't they fit on Magic which has the same deck space.

Correct Breeze was built with them. But if they can make them fit on Breeze why wouldn't they fit on Magic which has the same deck space.

Or the Conquest Class? I don't buy it. There must be something cooking between Carnival & Guy's because they haven't put 1 single one on any of their ships in a long time. When they announced it, it was for all ships, so they already knew if there was enough space yes or no. There is no space? ya' u r right!

Maybe a $$$ thing? Maybe the grill is a different type of grill and takes a lot to change over to Guys?

Or the Conquest Class? I don't buy it. There must be something cooking between Carnival & Guy's because they haven't put 1 single one on any of their ships in a long time. When they announced it, it was for all ships, so they already knew if there was enough space yes or no. There is no space? ya' u r right!

The Vista will have Guy's and Blue Iguana. I think it is because they don't want to spend the money on upgrades that do not generate additional revenue.

I don't think Carnival will be ending the relationship with Guy anytime soon. I mean they have already announced it as a feature of Vista, so if they were planning to end the relationship they would not have added it to their newest ship.

Also I would venture to say that Guy's is by far the most popular part of any 2.0 upgrades, so its not the one that would be on the chopping block so soon. (EA Sports was already the first name to be chopped, lol)

The Vista will have Guy's and Blue Iguana. I think it is because they don't want to spend the money on upgrades that do not generate additional revenue.

Agree with this. IMHO, they put it on the Sunshine because they were trying to "reinvent" a very tired, old ship into something new, so they had to do something to bring it up to make it seem current.

I do not see them adding Guy's or Blue Iguana to any ship that wasn't built with it, but that's just my opinion.

Agree with this. IMHO, they put it on the Sunshine because they were trying to "reinvent" a very tired, old ship into something new, so they had to do something to bring it up to make it seem current.

I do not see them adding Guy's or Blue Iguana to any ship that wasn't built with it, but that's just my opinion.

They added it to MULTIPLE ships that were not built with it already. (Freedom, Triumph, Glory, Liberty, Conquest, Pride) That was the whole point of the 2.0 upgrades. To upgrade older ships. I don't think the plan was ever to add it to every single ship though.

Edited by jwalk03

It's on the Congquest Class ships, except for Valor I believe.

I am really hoping the reports turn out wrong and the Magic gets these venues. We were one of the cruises changed from Breeze Galveston port swap so we switched to the Magic. It won't ruin our cruise but it will be my daughter's first cruise on a Dream class and I would love her to experience these two venues as well.

Weren't the reports wrong about the Pride and it got these venues or was that always known? Thanks!

To above: nhancements include: Alchemy Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina, DJ IRIE, EA Sports Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, Hasbro Game Show, Library Bar, Playlist Productions Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez and RedFrog Rum Bar.