Tarragona Trolly Train

Just thought I would post some details of the trolley train that runs through Tarragona, making it a great port for doing it yourself.

At 7 euros (with a set of earphones included) it's great value. The earphones plug into the sound system jack just in front of your seat. The commentary is very clear and there is also music played between sections of the commentary. Make sure a green light is showing at the plug in jack, to show its operating ok. The one in front of my seat wasn't working, but luckily the seat next to me was unoccupied so I just used that one.

The trolley train starts right beside the bus stop where the port courtesy bus drops off. The tour lasts around an hour and you can hop on and off at one of the frequent stopping points. It goes along the beach/seafront and through the narrow streets of the old town area.

Tarragona itself is an absolute gem and very compact, meaning it's also easy to get around on foot. Just down from the point where the courtesy bus drops off, there is a pedestrianized 'ramblas type' avenue which is very pleasant for a stroll along. The roman ruins are also worth seeing and there is a lift to a view point at the top of a tower, which provides panoramic views of the city and the seafront.

A few minutes walk from the drop off point there is also a viewpoint that lets you take in the views along the beach area. I have to say Tarragona was one of the unexpected highlights of our 'Mediterranean Secrets' cruise.

We were pleasantly surprised by Tarragona too GlenLivet and also did the little train. Very easy to do DIY. Some people had to queue for a long time for the port shuttle but we were a little late getting off the ship and only waited a few minutes.