Kids rooming with grandparents S&S card?

faroozi

We are going on a cruise with our 4 kids and my inlaws. Two of our kids are booked with their grandparents. Up to this point we have paid our inlaws for the kid's cruise so that they could pay the deposit and final payment. But what about when we are on the ship? We are not planning on buying a lot. But there will be gratuities, and the Dr. Seuss breakfast and maybe a build a bear. Can we have the kids' sign and sail card set up with a different credit card than my inlaws, or is that going to complicate things in billing and we might be charged wrong? Or can we go to customer service and just pay our portion? The kids each have a little on board credit because of how we booked, so we are planning on using that towards their expenses as well, but that is probably linked to their room. Also we are booked on a 7 day cruise, though technically from Sat to Sat. How are gratuity figured? $12 per person for 7 days or 8 days? Just trying to finalize our budget so that we are square before the end of the cruise and don't have to worry about it.

I know people who have gone to guest services and given them a certain amount of cash to put onto their kids s&s cards. I haven't done it myself but it sounds easier than complicating things with changing credit cards.

yes you can pay for your kids and not the in'laws. When you do the online check in you can enter your cc number for just your kids. Also when printing out the boarding pass, make sure you do "Individual" ones. Not one for the whole cabin. My son was sharing a room with his cousins and they had printed one for everyone ( i had printed one for just my son) They got to the port ahead of us and they had trouble boarding because everyone listed on the boarding pass wasn't there.

Just did this in June. I had one grandchild booked with my mother and the other grandchild with her parents. We were in yet another room. As I checked in for each person I assigned a CC. For the little ones I was even able to set a spending limit.

AND I agree with a separate boarding pass for each person.

Happy Cruising.

3rd cruise, but 1st with the kids and first that we are travelling with other passengers as well, so we are excited, but there is also more to deal with than when it has just been the two of us.

We are going on a cruise with our 4 kids and my inlaws. Two of our kids are booked with their grandparents. Up to this point we have paid our inlaws for the kid's cruise so that they could pay the deposit and final payment. But what about when we are on the ship? We are not planning on buying a lot. But there will be gratuities, and the Dr. Seuss breakfast and maybe a build a bear. Can we have the kids' sign and sail card set up with a different credit card than my inlaws, or is that going to complicate things in billing and we might be charged wrong? Or can we go to customer service and just pay our portion? The kids each have a little on board credit because of how we booked, so we are planning on using that towards their expenses as well, but that is probably linked to their room. Also we are booked on a 7 day cruise, though technically from Sat to Sat. How are gratuity figured? $12 per person for 7 days or 8 days? Just trying to finalize our budget so that we are square before the end of the cruise and don't have to worry about it.

Yes you can. You just go to your booking manager on your account and put in guest with privileges in a different cabin.