Pride to Bermuda

MSBfan

Hello!!

My son was looking at booking the Pride on 9/18/16 to the Bahamas for his honeymoon.

Sometime between the time him and fiancee started to resaerch it and today when he finally had his $$ right to book it, the itinerary changed to Bermuda.

Needless to say they are a little unsure if they want to proceed, as no one they know has cruised there before.

So I'm looking for some feedback that I can share with them as what it might be like to be in a port for 3 days, as opposed to 3 separate ports that they have researched Shore Excursions and such.

This will be the first cruise for both.

Thanks to everyone for any and all information.

I just returned from a cruise to Bermuda on the Norwegian Dawn. I fell in love with Bermuda and will definitely be returning back for a land trip. I was hesitant at first spending 3 days at one port but there is so much to see and the beaches are beautiful!!! On our first day we did a 4 hour tour in a taxi of the whole island the cost was $47.00 an hour but it was well worth it. The second day we went to Horseshoe Bay Beach the water was so clear and the sand was pink. We rented chairs and an umbrella the cost was $33.00. We stayed for about 6 hours. The last day we toured the Dockyard. I think they will really enjoy Bermuda for their honeymoon.

Hi! We've been twice on RCCL and loved it! first cruise we stuck to the dockyard and did Segways, Jetskis, sea glass beach and shopping. We ran out of time for Hamilton and St. George. Second time, we went to Hamilton via a quick/easy public bus and went to one of the forts over there, we headed to Horseshoe beach (amazing!), and went into town...their we shopped and toured a beautiful church. At st. George's we went to the lighthouse and another beach I can't remember the name of.

Bermuda is beautiful and a very romantic port. Beaches are amazing as well, we loved it both times and neither of our cruises had many kids at all (a very small handful). Although that time of year will be mostly kid free anyway!

Congrats to your son! Either way, he'll have a blast!

Hello!!

My son was looking at booking the Pride on 9/18/16 to the Bahamas for his honeymoon.

Sometime between the time him and fiancee started to resaerch it and today when he finally had his $$ right to book it, the itinerary changed to Bermuda.

Needless to say they are a little unsure if they want to proceed, as no one they know has cruised there before.

So I'm looking for some feedback that I can share with them as what it might be like to be in a port for 3 days, as opposed to 3 separate ports that they have researched Shore Excursions and such.

I was there for 3 days last month and loved it, one of my favourite-ever ports. When there is as much to see and do as at Bermuda, 3 days without restrictions is far better than 3 separate days with possibly unhelpful docking and all-aboard times. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]D3ZnJmToL5c[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]WeaD2EeS_SI[/YOUTUBE]

Bermuda is my favorite port! Next month will be my 4th (or 5th) year in a row that I'm cruising there. I love having 3 days to hang out and explore. There are so many things to do there, whether it's just beaches or land activities.

I definitely think a honeymoon cruise with 3 days in Bermuda is an upgrade to the Bahamas (and I like the Bahamas).

Bermuda is British, clean, with friendly, helpful people and more than enough to do and see for 3 days. Not having to watch the time as closely with only 1 partial day to visit an island is the best. Depending on whether the young couple likes to be very active with water sports, or likes historical places, scenic areas, shopping, or climbing a light house. Photography opportunities are excellent. Public transportation is safe, and makes it easy to get around. Many opportunities to take a taxi tour to get the "lay of the land", or just do some reading and use the public buses and ferries.

I can't think of a more pleasant place to visit using the ship as your hotel and try a restaurant or two while out on the island, but still having the meals prvided back at the ship when they are on board.

This Sept. will be my 7th cruise to Bermuda, and I will never be bored with all it has to offer.:)

This thread was so useful. We are looking at this exact same cruise - leaving out of Baltimore is just so convenient. I wasn't sure what we would do for three days at port, but after reading, it seems like there is a lot to do. We personally like history and sightseeing and lighthouses, so this seems like a great port for us. Thanks for posting your question! Did your son make a decision?

I've done the Pride to the Bahamas and a Royal cruise to Bermuda both out of Baltimore. I prefer Bermuda over the Bahamas! I would definitely go back to Bermuda, there is so much to see and being able to get on and off the ship for 3 days is great.

One downfall was the ship was very rocky during sea days going across the Atlantic rather than down the coast - my cruise was in May though so that might be a factor.

I definitely recommend the Pride though. I loved that ship and will probably sail it again since its conveniently located in Baltimore.

We went on a rccl cruise to Bermuda and personally I found it kinda dull

Seems like it's all golf and stuff

I have been to Bermuda more times than I can count and we always fly in and stay for at least 10 days! I don't play golf, tennis or snorkel, and yet I have NEVER found Bermuda dull!

Bermuda is THE most amazing place I have ever been - and I've been lots of places. The island is gorgeous! It has a rich history, some truly remarkable award winning beaches, tons of water sports available. There's a huge Botanical Gardens. There are art museums, history museums, native Goombey Dancers - a must see! You can go on a jetski, up in a parasail, out on high speed boat or a leisurely sail, horseback riding along beach trails, shop 'til you drop!

You just didn't have anyone to point you in the right place ...

Hello!!

I would take Bermuda for a honeymoon over the Bahamas any day - and we did! My husband and I went on our honeymoon 46 years ago and we've been going back as often as we can ever since.

Bermuda is beautiful and clean. The waters are clear. The people are warm, friendly and welcoming. The beaches are fantastic - so gorgeous!

We just came back from spending 10 days there and it wasn't enough. You could fill 3 days and never leave Dockyard. There are all kinds of water sports and a kiosk right there where you can book them, I recommend the Parasailing - it was fabulous! I've done it twice!

There is a old pirate ship bar called Calico Jack's that you can swim off the back of - right there at the Dockyard. Locally brewed craft beer at the Fron & Onion Pub. Dolphins at the Dolphin Quest within the Bermuda National Museum complex. There's a Bermuda Glassworks - where they make the pieces right in front of you. Also the Rum Cake factory - where you can taste samples, Lots of shops in the Clocktower Mall.

You can do the Famous Homes and Hideaways tour (book at the kios). It's a 2.5-3 hour boat tour through all the exclusive areas where the wealthy live & visit - including Michael Douglas, and the house where John Lennon wrote Double Fantasy (which is a Bermuda flower)

Tell your son and his wife to get the transpiration pass right away - they sell them right where you leave the ship. It's good for unlimited trips. on the ferry and bus

You can go for a horseback ride along the Railway Trail and down to the beaches (We like Mike Watson!). This was fantastic.

There's Gibbs Hill Lighthouse - you can see the whole island from the top!

We like to take the #10 or #11 bus from Hamilton out to the Aquarium & Zoo in Flatts Village. It's also a Natural History Museum. We stay at least long enough for them to feed the resident Harbor Seals, then we hop on the bus and head for the Swizzle Inn - where you Swizzle Inn, but Swagger Out. Swizzles are awesome and I recommend the fried chicken!

Nearby, you can visit Bailey's Bay Ice Cream Parlor or Crystal Caves.

Fort Hamilton in Hamilton also has great views. Or you can visit the Bermuda Underwater Exploratory Institute (BUIE) and see Teddy Tucker's treasure.

Like I said - we never have enough time to do all the things we'd like to do - and we've been there for 2 weeks in the past.

As everyone else has said, Bermuda is an awesome choice for a honeymoon. The first time we traveled there was for our 15th wedding anniversary and we have been going there ever since. There are so many things to do and see there and it is very romantic. They would not regret choosing Bermuda over the Bahamas at all.

Just want to say that Baltimore is an awesome port to leave from as well. We drove to the port there and literally parked right outside the terminal. It was the easiest embarkation and debarkation ever.