Ventura: Christmas to Canaries - Pricing

I have a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) that expires early August. I like the idea of taking the family away for Christmas so am looking at the cruises across the holiday period, particularly Aurora to the Baltic and - especially - Ventura to the Canaries. On the latter there are currently Select fares available, with significant OBC as well as the usual Select benefits, which appear to make them better value than an Early Saver.

I am in the perennial dilemma of whether to book now, wait until the last minute (for me, first week in August so I don't lose the FCD total £200), or even forfeit the FCD (and £50 additional OBC) and wait to see if prices drop. I know this is a very difficult question to answer(!), but are there any informed views, perhaps based on previous experience of pricing of Christmas cruises (I have only cruised in the summer before) on whether prices are likely to drop either before the first week in August or later?

Thanks in advance.

I have a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) that expires early August. I like the idea of taking the family away for Christmas so am looking at the cruises across the holiday period, particularly Aurora to the Baltic and - especially - Ventura to the Canaries. On the latter there are currently Select fares available, with significant OBC as well as the usual Select benefits, which appear to make them better value than an Early Saver.

I am in the perennial dilemma of whether to book now, wait until the last minute (for me, first week in August so I don't lose the FCD total £200), or even forfeit the FCD (and £50 additional OBC) and wait to see if prices drop. I know this is a very difficult question to answer(!), but are there any informed views, perhaps based on previous experience of pricing of Christmas cruises (I have only cruised in the summer before) on whether prices are likely to drop either before the first week in August or later?

Thanks in advance.

Fares are more likely to increase!

Christmas cruises with all cruise lines are very popular and often sell out very quickly and therefore my advice is to book it now to avoid disappointment. I also like the look of the Ventura Canaries cruise, maybe 2016 for me though.

Many thanks for the replies. I think I shall go ahead and book this week.

Any advice on cabins; I was thinking C Deck, near midships, perhaps C530 and C534; I am looking for decent balcony, with little movement in rough seas. Any views? And do the pullman beds when not deployed eat into cabin space, or will we be unaware of them?

They look like good cabins and should be reasonably quiet being on a deck between 2 passenger decks so no noisy venues below or above. I've not seen the cabins on Ventura however the Pullmans are usually designed not to be obtrusive when not in use.