Honeymoon Cruise on RCI?

sonnylax

We haven't gone yet, are booked for our honeymoon in June 06, but my understanding is that there really aren't any perks per say for honeymooners. I've been told that there will be a reception for all of us on board, but unfortunately no freebies! :) If anyone knows differently, I would sure like to know too! Thanks...

No perks, per say. However, a good Travel Agent who has a working relationship should help to make the moment memorable. My wife and I enjoyed our honeymoon on the Adventure of the Seas. You really can not go wrong with a honeymoon cruise. Get yourselves a balcony cabin and enjoy sailing the seas.

I did a Mariner review a few weeks ago that outlined what we got as honeymooners on Mariner...there are perks! do a search...

We honeymooned on the Majesty of the Seas last year. The only perk we really got was there was a honeymooners party with free champagne, cake, and chocolate covered strawberries.

We honeymooned on Mariner 8/14/05. Don't think we got anything out of the norm. There was a bottle of champagne and roses in the room but I figured since we splurged and were in the RS, they came with the room. But maybe not...

Mark & Janet

We honeymooned on Mariner 8/14/05. Don't think we got anything out of the norm. There was a bottle of champagne and roses in the room but I figured since we splurged and were in the RS, they came with the room. But maybe not...

Mark & Janet

We definatley didn't get an champagne and roses in our oceanview room on the Majesty!

we are taking our honeymoon on freedom of the seas august 2006 and i was told that we will recieve the classic romance package , whatever that is....anyway whatever we get extra is a bonus for us , as we will be happy even if we dont get anything , we are on honeymoon and we are happy and thats all that matters....

good luck all you up coming bride and grooms...i cant wait...........

We had our honeymoon aboard Navigator of Seas in May. Our sweet room steward DID provide our room with a yummy chocolate cake with "Congratulations" written on it during turn down, so it was waiting for us when we came back from dinner. HOWEVER, I was very very disappointed with the fact we did not get any perks for being newlyweds while on board.

There were 30 honeymoon couples on board our cruise. The only thing we were offered was a honeymooners party the first night. Not many couples even showed up, so it was a bust.

At dinners we were never given ANY perks, nor were we given any by the staff (minus our room steward because she was very nice). I expected terry robes, a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, but nope..nothing. You are given the option to BUY these things for additional money when you book your cruise. After the expense of booking the room we had... no thanks!

Just dont expect to be pampered like some of the other liners do. When we were aboard the Disney Magic recently we saw all sorts of perks for newlyweds handed out by staff.. and I have to say.. I was a bit jealous :)

We had our honeymoon aboard Navigator of Seas in May. Our sweet room steward DID provide our room with a yummy chocolate cake with "Congratulations" written on it during turn down, so it was waiting for us when we came back from dinner. HOWEVER, I was very very disappointed with the fact we did not get any perks for being newlyweds while on board.

There were 30 honeymoon couples on board our cruise. The only thing we were offered was a honeymooners party the first night. Not many couples even showed up, so it was a bust.

At dinners we were never given ANY perks, nor were we given any by the staff (minus our room steward because she was very nice). I expected terry robes, a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, but nope..nothing. You are given the option to BUY these things for additional money when you book your cruise. After the expense of booking the room we had... no thanks!

Just dont expect to be pampered like some of the other liners do. When we were aboard the Disney Magic recently we saw all sorts of perks for newlyweds handed out by staff.. and I have to say.. I was a bit jealous :)

Here is something I dont understand

If you and I pay for the same service we should get the same amenities right???

I honeymooned on the monarch of the seas when she sailed out of san juan doing 7 day southern trips

we got canapes and strawberries in our room every night champagne twice...robes ...slippers..... all kinds of stuff

BECAUSE I PAID FOR A ROMANCE PACKAGE

you dont get anythig free just because its your honeymoon (other than the free reception with free drinks)

vegas doesnt do it...cancun doesnt do it...aruba doesnt do it.....

you get exactly what you pay for....and if you want more there is a way to do that...

im not harping on you guys but noone is going to make your honeymoon special except you....If you go into it thinking that "everyone owes you something because i just got married" you will be disapointed and might ruin why you are out there...to enjoy each other!!!!!!

On the Explorer they had the Honeymooner's party, champagne, a huge cake and chocolate covered strawberries...but they also did a few draws for a free dinner at one of the restaurants and a champagne gift basket.

Not too shabby...I'm wondering if I still count as a newlywed on the next cruise so I can enter those draws again and maybe win!!! ;)

Thanks to those who have wished us soon to be honeymooners well! And I extend my congrats to others too! :)

Thought I'd throw this out there for anyone interested...I am not too concerned about any honeymoon perks because my TA is taking care of my shower for me. In lieu of a traditional wedding shower, we are having a honeymoon shower, coordinated through him. My fiance and I are both established in our own homes, so once we combine, there is very little we will need, so I didn't want to have a shower at all. Someone at work told me about this idea, and I finally found a TA who didn't think I was crazy. Instead of telling people where we are registered, my fiance and I have sat down, chosen excursions, wines for dinner, other treats available, and the TA is making us a wedding website and preprinted little 'registry' cards for those who are interested. Our guests can visit the site like any other online registry, and send things through the TA, complete with gift cards he will give them to give to us. We will register at one store for those in our families who are Internet challenged. :)

I hope this isn't considered off topic, I know there is a wedding/honeymoon board on here, but thought I'd share it here as well.

btw, JimBulger, where in Pgh are you from? I am originally from the Monroeville area, went to high school in Oakland, but live a little over an hour away now. Nice to see someone else here!

Thanks to those who have wished us soon to be honeymooners well! And I extend my congrats to others too! :)

Thought I'd throw this out there for anyone interested...I am not too concerned about any honeymoon perks because my TA is taking care of my shower for me. In lieu of a traditional wedding shower, we are having a honeymoon shower, coordinated through him. My fiance and I are both established in our own homes, so once we combine, there is very little we will need, so I didn't want to have a shower at all. Someone at work told me about this idea, and I finally found a TA who didn't think I was crazy. Instead of telling people where we are registered, my fiance and I have sat down, chosen excursions, wines for dinner, other treats available, and the TA is making us a wedding website and preprinted little 'registry' cards for those who are interested. Our guests can visit the site like any other online registry, and send things through the TA, complete with gift cards he will give them to give to us. We will register at one store for those in our families who are Internet challenged. :)

I hope this isn't considered off topic, I know there is a wedding/honeymoon board on here, but thought I'd share it here as well.

btw, JimBulger, where in Pgh are you from? I am originally from the Monroeville area, went to high school in Oakland, but live a little over an hour away now. Nice to see someone else here!

went to woodland hills...Graduated from Pitt and now live in the south hills!!

nice to see you too

I think this is a great idea.you will be getting things you want and it will make your honeymoon a little nicer.I would love to give someone this kind of gift instead of a blender or towels.I would know my friends would truly be enjoying my gift and I was helping to make their honeymoon a little nicer.

Congratulations on your wedding.Perks are nice but if you really wanted all these things you should have checked with your travel agent to see what was provided and bought the package or booked a suite if these things were important to you.Traditionally it would have been your travel agent sending the wine.They did provide a party and it is not their fault if people didn't show up.

We are honeymooning on a cruise also in Nov. 05. There is a section on this website which states which perks you get for free on which lines. RCI just isn't one of the ones that gives anything for free.......I hope all the future honeymooners have a blast..i know i can't wait...it is going to slow:D

Archived