Kids and X

kandj05

This subject always amuses me. One extreme is that kids on Celebrity equates to Lord of the Flies. Unruly children taking over a ship and bringing misery to all adults that cross their paths. At the other extreme is the angelic kid who is perfect.

I know that my daughter is not perfect so we try to make sure to put her in the proper environment to succeed. After several cruises, we know what works the best. We would not take her to Murano's or Quisine, as we would consider it adult time.

As a family, we make a concerted effort to not disrupt another passenger's cruise. All passengers should share in the same objective, regardless of whether you are a child or adult.

their 14 year old son and a friend stuck their tongues on the frosted Martini Bar - she even posted a picture of the boys with their tongues out and sores showing where it tore the skin off.

Obviously this parent thought it was okay.. Clearly most people do not agree. That a parent allows their kid to do this with tacit (or not so, in this case) approval speaks to how/why it happened.

I don't think X needs to be child free but they need to enforce rules and perhaps declare more areas adults only. Why should 14 year olds be allowed in the Martini Bar area?

Provided they're well-behaved and non-disruptive, why should it be a problem? My son always wants to go to the Martini Bar after I get him out of the kids club. Half of it is because he can sit and play on his iPad while the servers keep him supplied with Fanta, but the other half is that he enjoys watching Putu, Peter, Marco, and all their fellow flair bartenders work their magic. I wouldn't dare to take him to the sea day "martini show" that they do, but I'll happily let him sit, play on his iPad, play tic tac toe in the ice with him, and enjoy spending time with my son.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the age limit requirements for the specialty restaurants? I'm hoping we will be able to enjoy our 30 year wedding anniversary in an adult environment- but if it's not, and somewhere it is stated that there is an age limit, at least I'll be able to point it out and request my money returned. I looked on the website and also googled it with no luck- perhaps it is on the ships dailies or something? Thank you in advance.

Edited by holomuku

If that's your translation, we're clearly speaking different languages.

You probably missed the part where I said:"We're taking our granddaughter on our next cruise on Celebrity. We expect her to be respectful of other passengers ..."

And where I said, "f she misbehaves, we'll deal it..."

And where I said we don't take her to adults-only venues.

But have at 'er ... feel free to call a kid you've never met a "spoiled brat". It's an anonymous Internet forum and manners are optional.

The placard that you plan to hang around your grandchild's neck does not indicate "We're taking our granddaughter on our next cruise on Celebrity. We expect her to be respectful of other passengers and we expect other passengers to be respectful of her.

If she misbehaves, we'll deal it; if passengers who wish Celebrity was adults-only give her unnecessary attitude as we have heard sometimes happens, they'll have a pair of very grouchy grandparents to contend with."

The placard would indicate the threat of an act of violence in defense of a child that must have a behavior issues otherwise the grandparents would not display such an attitude.

The placard that you plan to hang around your grandchild's neck does not indicate "We're taking our granddaughter on our next cruise on Celebrity. We expect her to be respectful of other passengers and we expect other passengers to be respectful of her.

If she misbehaves, we'll deal it; if passengers who wish Celebrity was adults-only give her unnecessary attitude as we have heard sometimes happens, they'll have a pair of very grouchy grandparents to contend with."

The placard would indicate the threat of an act of violence in defense of a child that must have a behavior issues otherwise the grandparents would not display such an attitude.

Or perhaps an attempt at humour. You really think I'm gonna bite you?

I'm outta this thread.

Edited by CanadianDee