I let Carnival select my OV cabin...Am I in a good area?

ShanteS

Hello fellow cruisers!!

To lock in the cheapest rate for OV I allowed Carnival to select my cabin for me. This is my first time ever doing this so I knew I could be put anywhere. Well with only a month left until the big day they finally assigned me to cabin 1440 which is right next to some stairs. I think the stairs are for the crew but I'm not sure.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin or in this area before? I've never been on that low a deck before. We're normally on 7 and up. Is the vibration really bad when going into and out of port?

Last year I was on deck 8 in a balcony and I don't particularly care for the way deck 5 sticks out farther than the rest of the decks higher up. I felt like I couldn't enjoy peace and quiet on my balcony on sea days so I decided to give OVs a try (will try Coves next time).

There are still some OV and balcony cabins for 3 available. If it's not in the best area of the ship will they allow me to switch rooms? Thanks for any help with this.

which ship? I looked on the breeze deck plan, and I believe those stairs is for crew only. I cant say if it will be loud or not, since I haven't stayed in that room. If you want a balcony or different ov room, you would have to pay the difference if it is in a different category of room or location

I was wondering the same thing as I was looking at 1448 which is right next to it. I did a google search and found some reviews of that cabin, and mostly people complained about the anchors or thrusters being close by, not the noise of the stairs. If you search for reviews on cabin 1448, you'll find a few since it's an odd shape, people tend to right reviews specific to that cabin

There are still some OV and balcony cabins for 3 available. If it's not in the best area of the ship will they allow me to switch rooms? Thanks for any help with this.

Only if you are willing to pay the difference at todays rate. This is the chance you take with a guarantee booking. You might get the worst location ever and if the ship sold well, have to pay a premium price to move to a different location.

As to your assigned stateroom:

First thought is crew stairs = lots of use. However, thoughtless passengers will make more noise than crew so maybe not so bad of a location after all.

Not to sound too cliche, but any cabin on a Carnival ship (especially the Breeze) is a good cabin! :)

That is very true!! However, I'm traveling with my 4 year old daughter and my 16 year old sister in the cabin with me. If the noise and vibrating wakes my 4 yr old then yes it is a bad cabin IMO. LOL I can sleep through anything, her not so much.

And I should've been clearer when I asked if they'd let me switch rooms. Of course I can switch today and pay extra (if necessary) to be moved. I meant once we're on the ship will they allow us to move to a different OV cabin. But I suppose that would depend on whether or not they have anymore cabins available. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue. We shall see shortly!

Those look like crew stairs to me. I wouldn't be worried about that at all. I don't think they're used much. We had a cabin on the Liberty directly next to the crew stairs and never heard a peep from them all week. I think more than anything they're used in cases of emergencies. We never once saw anyone in them.

That is very true!! However, I'm traveling with my 4 year old daughter and my 16 year old sister in the cabin with me. If the noise and vibrating wakes my 4 yr old then yes it is a bad cabin IMO. LOL I can sleep through anything, her not so much.

And I should've been clearer when I asked if they'd let me switch rooms. Of course I can switch today and pay extra (if necessary) to be moved. I meant once we're on the ship will they allow us to move to a different OV cabin. But I suppose that would depend on whether or not they have anymore cabins available. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue. We shall see shortly!

I wouldn't pay to switch. You are switching from one unknown to another.

You might get the best location on the ship, and be stuck next two four cabins full of 2 am door slammers who yell at friends down the hall and party all night long. It's just an unknown.

There are very few cabins that are truly terrible. Every cabin is going to have some noise. Just stick with your decision and see what happens.

When we've been in low decks we've often heard ship creaking or waves pounding; so yes- you will likely have some noise. But we've been in expensive cabins high up on the ship that have had TONS of passenger based noise and it made me miss the ship noise.

I wouldn't pay to switch. You are switching from one unknown to another.

You might get the best location on the ship, and be stuck next two four cabins full of 2 am door slammers who yell at friends down the hall and party all night long. It's just an unknown.

There are very few cabins that are truly terrible. Every cabin is going to have some noise. Just stick with your decision and see what happens.

When we've been in low decks we've often heard ship creaking or waves pounding; so yes- you will likely have some noise. But we've been in expensive cabins high up on the ship that have had TONS of passenger based noise and it made me miss the ship noise.

That is very true!! Thanks for your input!!

We had a cabin on deck 2 on the Ecstasy. When we were pulling into the dock we did notice the cabin got very loud with engine noise. I guess it depends on you, if you get up early to get off the ship, then it really shouldn't be a problem for you. It was loud but not horrid. If you sleep in and take your time getting off the ship, then maybe it would be bothersome to you?

Good news/bad news.

Good news, looks like you got an upgrade to a Deluxe Ocean View, which means you get the 2nd bathroom with a short (but deep) shower/tub and an extra sink.

The bad news, it can be noisy when docking and leaving the ports (I had 1450 earlier this year).

It was a good deal but I like choosing my own cabin and being in the forward end in genera